2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: It's a blast!

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

It's a blast!
By DaBomb on

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Used to own a '91 Accord (with 250K on odometer at the time it was totaled). Honda's have come a long way since then. At first I thought I'd stepped down from an Accord to get into the Civic, but now I'm totally satisfied, especially with the wonderful gas mileage this vehicle offers. Furthermore, a smaller car is easier to park! I'm not totally in love with this vehicle though, however I am, like I said, very satisfied with the purchase. And, as a repeat Honda owner, I have no doubt about it's exceptional reliability. Yet, needs work on the exterior durability. Dings and scratches easily. It's great to know that this car will probably last as long as my former Honda too.

Favorite Features

Sunroof. Remote entry. I really like having the sun- roof back and the windows down. All the fun of having a convertible, but without the actual hassle and expense of one. Nice and peppy for such four banger too.

Suggested Improvements

Can't stand the steering wheel. Lower handle grips have no space for me to rest both hands comfortably, only one hand because of instrumentation on wheel. Unable to rest elbows comfortably while driving too. Side body molding! C'mon! An EX? Make it standard! Stereo is so-so. Need to improve.