Honda Civic
By Lance Klass on
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
As a New York City native and one keenly aware of our over-dependence on Mideast oil, I turned my attention away from the Accord the dealership was showing me, to the sporty little Civic Hybrid that supposedly got 50 miles per gallon. I was one of the first in New Hampshire to purchase one, and I've been delighted with it. I'm 6 foot 2, and there's maybe 4 or 5 inches of extra headroom. It's a roomy, fast little car, and I get between 43 mpg and 52 mpg depending on the season and whether my snow tires are on or not. Pick-up is great, I love its looks, and it's fun to drive. And I feel good that less of my money is going to Mideast oil sheiks.
Favorite Features
Headroom! Lots of it. Peppy and good pick-up from the toll booth or on passing when I really need it. Handles the road well, corners well, and the gas mileage really is super. My best is 52 mpg; I've actually driven NH to NYC round-trip on one tank of gas!
Suggested Improvements
Promote the heck out of this technology as it's a real winner, and get those gas-guzzling SUVs and monster trucks off the road.