Great car but
By jpc477 on
2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)
This is my 3rd review. Bought in Jan of 09 w/ 59k miles, now has 78k. Gas mileage is wonderful. Handling is solid, engine runs smoothly and transmission shifts smoothly. When I first got the car power wasn't quite what I wanted. A cool air intake, header, and performance exhaust helped. However I've had some unexpected issues. Fuel door cable broke - $300 to fix! O2 sensor failed, over $260 to fix, front control arm bushings replaced for $300. Not things I would expect from a Honda at the age / mileage it is. Overall I still think Honda is an excellent product but I will probably at least look at reviews more closely when I eventually replace my car - which I'm not planning on for a while.
Favorite Features
Great style inside & out, solid handling, clear easy to read gauges w/ a modern look, overall comfortable car to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Haven't had any major issues, but the little things such as the fuel door, control arm bushings, etc add up and aren't things you'd expect to fail even w/ a 6 year old car. Apparently these are known issues. Honda reliability shouldn't be limited to just the "big" things.