2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Good overall car

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (1.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Good overall car
By jpc477 on

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a follow up from my first review. I've had my car for 9 months. The gas mileage is wonderful - on a 2k round trip, I averaged 38-40mpg on the highway even through the mountains of TN! In FL, mpg's were closer to 45! Had a couple of service needs that I didn't quite expect so soon. O2 sensor at 63k & recently replaced the timing belt at 69k (but the car is 5 yrs old). Control arm bushings also need to be replaced. Mechanics said these are all typical for these Civics but overall they're still some of the best cars out there. I wish it had more power. But this is the car to take on a long road trip!

Great gas mileage - probably the best gas mileage I've had from any car. Steering & suspension is very responsive - gives the car a solid grip on the road, but also has a smooth & quite ride. Interior & exterior give the car an elegant, classy look.

Wish it had more power especially with merging on the highway or passing. I added a cool air intake & a header which helped some. Will probably do a catback exhaust too. Stock stereo is nothing special - I replaced it with an Alpine stereo & speakers.