2004 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Economy, but a bit more

2004 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

Economy, but a bit more
By datrout on

2004 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

As an introductory model for the Civic, this isn't bad. Originally puchased for my teenage son, he rearended someone within 2 weeks, not badly, but enough to get it taken away. Now it is my work car. I own an SI, this is a nimble answer for m-f workday week. Great gas mileage around town in stop/go traffic and enough pep to get me out of trouble, not enough to get me INTO trouble (unlike my SI). Overall, I don't like the hand-roll windows, they make me feel like an idiot, but other than that, I like the car for what it is, a workhorse. A cute workhorse, but a workhorse none the less.

Not bad looking. The interior is roomy for the suggested 5 people, if they are on Atkins and not too plump. The engine can get me 0nto the freeway and into traffic nicely. And the gas mileage is VERY nice.

PL-EEEZE...the interior gets so dirty so quickly, and it scuffs very easily. I installed seat covers immediately to prevent the LIGHT tan seats from dirt. The manual roll windows make me embarassed, but overall, it is a work car...a kid's beginner car, and for that, it works.