Civic Hybrid
By paunicorn on
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Overall, I'm very pleased with my Civic Hybrid CVT. I have owned nothing but Honda's because of their quality and the Hybrid Civic is no exception. For the most part, performance is excellent, however, it is a little sluggish in situations where you may need a quick response (ie. merging onto a busy highway with a short merge lane). You need to be aware of this and compensate for it. This car is definitely not designed for situations that require quick acceleration. This being said, I'm still very pleased with my Hybrid and would recommend it to others. You can't beat a Honda for quality.
Favorite Features
Can't tell the difference between a regular gasoline Civic and the Hybrid in terms of interior and exterior design. I haven't been able to achieve the mpg rating (51 hwy/52 city), the 40 mpg that I have been averaging is excellent, especially in this time of increasing gasoline prices!
Suggested Improvements
More interior and exterior color choices. Add an option for leather seats. Redesign to move Hybrid components located behind rear seats so taht rear seats can be folded down to increase trunk capacity. More realistic estimate of mpg.