2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
04 honda hybrid
By ronnie777 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

wonderful to own and drive

FINE RIDE
By bsaldr on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned 24 Hondas in my life and this is by far the best. Excellent mileage, never been to the shop. Has 63000 miles on it now. Honda has really hit the jackpot on this one. Too bad the public doesn't know it.

Gas Champion
By darkstarvn on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

this miracle of creation is great. Superb gas mileage, stealthy silent ride both in traffic and at stops. Silky smooth transmission. Great sound system, good performace and great acceleration for a small low horse power car. The quality of the car is A+ and everyone knows Honda's make superior cars. Most mechanics have told me they make the best transmissions unlike most GM and american cars.

honda hybrid
By Bernn on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great car - fun to drive

Love my Civic Hybrid
By ElectroTom on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the 2003 version which is the same as the 2004. I love the car. I have driven it almost 40,000 and no problems. Bought it as a second car (my first is a gas guzzling Ford Explorer) and it saves me thousands each year in gas and maintenance. You can't go wrong with this car. Only one minor warrenty repair the whole time I owned it.

Pleased new hybrid owner
By D. H. of Visalia on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was originally looking at the Civic EX for the exterior design, fuel economy, safety, and sporty options (sunroof, spoiler, and wheels), but was convinced by my wife to explore the hybrid for the fuel economy. Once I drove the hybrid after driving the LX and EX I was surprisingly pleased by its handling and acceleration capabilities. It didn't have the options I was looking at, but I hope the fuel economy solidifies my decision for purchasing the hybrid. I have tinted the windows and definitely plan on changing out the aluminium wheels to make it look more sportier.

Best Car Ever
By HybridDude on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vechicle has great fuel economy and is fun to drive. They have come a long way in adding performance to hybrid vehicles and I am very glad to have this car in my life.

The Future Is Here!
By The Commuter on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I commute 150 miles to work everyday so recent gas prices drove me to trade- in my Subaru WRX (an awesome car by the way) for the Hybrid. It was the best decision I ever made. The car handles well, fits my family of four and has reduced my gas bill by over half. I average between 47 to 54 miles per gallon (not sure how Consumer Reports rated only 36 mpg). It is of course a Honda so no complaints about the quality. Best of all, you will feel great about taking the first step to encourage technology that works toward breaking the dependence circle on foreign oil.

Honda Civic Hybrid
By MATuckerJaxFL on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun to drive, lots of room, great gas mileage, excellent price!!

great car, helpful hints to driving it
By Matt Winger on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car. Best way to get the most mileage is to coast when you can, and on long stretches to get yourself to your speed and then give enough gas to maintain the speed. At one I was getting 50 miles per gallon doing this. It also helps with recharging the battery. Coasting down hills or approaching red lights that might go green soon helps with gas mileage and the battery.