2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
better than expected
By beagle fan on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car 6 weeks and have been nothing short of impressed. After the initial break-in period of about 2000 miles and getting used to the feel of it . The power is more than adequet and fuel economy is 43 -44 mostly distance driving . The handeling is most impressive as well as comfort and ease of reading gagues . Give this car a drive and you too will see it's value . Looking forward to see what's next .

Awesome Car
By ChiHondaGuy on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the Car. I bought it in decmber and have never been more happy with a car in my life. It is very quiet and very fuel efficent. Just be careful if you tend to be a lead foot the advantages of the hybrid dissapiear quick! Remember that the car is ususaly more efficent if you use the cruise as much as possable.

!st Honda
By Barefoot Dreamer on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having owned my Hybrid for 14 days the fuel milage is fantastic. I just fueled up today, 8 gallons in driving 312 miles. I expect the fuel milage to increase over the next few hundred miles.Having driven Cadillac's since 1974, current owner of a 2002 Escalade, I'm not use to this kind of fuel economy.

My new Honda
By Rod DeLay on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am averaging 45 mpg over all with my new Honda Hybrid. I am on the 3rd tank of gas and for the last 75 miles, (all in town) I have driven I am getting 71 mpg so far. Very good acceleration for passing. Very fun to drive after my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4-door 7/16 mpg.

Civic Hybrid
By paunicorn on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I'm very pleased with my Civic Hybrid CVT. I have owned nothing but Honda's because of their quality and the Hybrid Civic is no exception. For the most part, performance is excellent, however, it is a little sluggish in situations where you may need a quick response (ie. merging onto a busy highway with a short merge lane). You need to be aware of this and compensate for it. This car is definitely not designed for situations that require quick acceleration. This being said, I'm still very pleased with my Hybrid and would recommend it to others. You can't beat a Honda for quality.

So far so good
By anestmdd on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Sold my 97' f-150 for the civic hybrid. Big change. In the long run it's worth it. I got a white civic hybrid with 6 disc cd changer and 100,000 ext. warranty. Drove off the lot 46 miles on it. paid 18,000. Drove 546 miles on 1st tank and decided to fill it (never saw low fuel light). My f-150 got 320 miles avg. on a 25 gal. tank. If I keep getting 500 + on a 13 gal. tank I will stay happy.

hot in florida
By ocello on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

the hybrid is the future i did have an suv whit about 15 mpg but i have to have a feather foot to avg 40 mpg but still a wonderful idea toyota does not use engine for slow city driving please explain thank you

Cute but SMALL
By Hoosier on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Cute LITTLE car. Nice exterior and dash layout. Handles great for small car. Better ride than expected. Good mileage but still waiting for EPA listed mileage. The new accord hybrid should be better with more room. CVT transmission takes getting used to.

New car experience
By k brown on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car after driving a Buick Regal for 6 years. I can say without reservation, this car is a pleasure to drive. It feels like I'm part of the car. It is responsive in traffic and the milage is terrific. I have about 1000 miles on the car. I took it from the dealer and wenton a trip of 250 miles. Half was highway and half city miles. I averaged 43 mpg. I look for it increase. i would recommend this car to anyone who wants a "fun" car to drive.

Would have bought sooner
By Copier Guy on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In October, best quote was $20.4K. In March same guy said $500 BELOW invoice. I didn't trust him, kept shopping. Paid $19.7K plus tax & title. For best mpg, hammer the assist and get to speed quick! USE THE CRUISE! Keep econ turned on. DON'T creep up after stop, the engine WON'T auto stop again, and you'll be sitting there wasting gas. - Down sides: a: Construction pot holes trigger ABS. ABS kills re-generative braking (expected). Requires more braking effort. And re-gen won't re-engage until you accelerate. Releasing the brake and re-applying doesn't reset. b: CVT really lets engine scream on expressway merge (scary scream).