Used 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I love my Civic Hybrid
By Filippo

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I get 47mpg highway, 39 city. It took a little getting used to driving a hybrid at first. The engine 'autostop' was a shocker. Who would ever think of an engine shutting off while stopped in traffic? And when entering a highway, going uphill was also a bit tough. In order to get more power, you shift into 2 for a few seconds, then just shift back into 1. (This is with an automatic civic sedan.) A few things I miss from my 2002 Honda Civic EX are the color. . I also gained alloy wheels, side impact airbags. In short, I love my honda hybrid!

Favorite Features

Riding express lanes (alone) to work, and of course, the gas mileage and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

A few things I miss from my 2002 Honda Civic EX are the navy blue color and sunroof. However, I gained alloy wheels, side impact airbags.

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid
By BillW55

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Absolutely the most economical and fun car to drive. The IMA system smokes some of the fancier cars like the BMW, Jetta, Ford ponies right at the light. I made a trip from NJ to South Carolina (800 miles one way) on 17 gallons of gas. It cost more for the tolls than it did for the fuel!The road pep is surprising. Great sound system as well. Plenty of room for the passengers and the trunk is very roomy.The engine is extremely quiet. Interior cooling and heating are super. BUY this car!

Favorite Features

A/C is excellent. Room for gear. seats are comfortable. 5000 mile oil change interval No charging needed Great sound system Good leg room

Suggested Improvements

quiet the road noise.. give the auto stop feature a 1 minute delay it will save the starter motor.

By David G.

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car. Great performance. Never a problem and great mileage. What more can you ask? Comfort? Yup, it's got that too as well as creature comforts and features like CD player, Climate control, cruise control, etc. Try it. You won't like it... You'll love it. D.

Great car
By Rex Nelsen

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driving around Phoenix,AZ I average 47MPG. Took a 4,000mile trip back to the midwest with a lot of mountain driving. Loaded with luggage,two adults and AC running continuously, we averaged 43MPG. Had NO problem going thru mountains. Had lots of power and pep.

Favorite Features

I love it when the car takes a nap at the stoplight.

Suggested Improvements

None

my honda hybrid
By jimzey

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle handles extremely well.

Favorite Features

The economy button on the dash

Suggested Improvements

Does not have fold down back seats