2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Once you go Honda, you never go back!
By ktreilly on 01/11/07 07:26 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Honda Civic because I needed a reliable car to commute over 100 miles a day. I drove it straight for 2 and a half years with just oil changes and regular maitenance, I never even had to change a light bulb! Although a 2 door coupe, the back seat still has a lot of room. Also, the car is still heavy enough to be great in the snow. This car is practicle, fast and basically a commuter's dream.. I will never buy anything but a Honda again.

Does the job for the least money
By GoingfromAtoBandBack on 01/07/07 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Too many people marry for looks rather than moral character, and too many people get an unreliable car with the same superficial philosophy. We couldn't be happier with our base-model Honda Civic. My car is not my identity but simply a thing to take me from A to B and back. Over the last three years, our Civic has done the job flawlessly. And we got it for the least money long- term among compact cars, except for the Corolla, which is comparable. People don't need 6 or 8 cylinders, or a car that "looks good." As drivers, we need cars that will reliably drive us on paved roads without driving up our debt or driving us crazy with repairs. The Civic builds contentment and peace in our hearts.

civic ex coupe
By keith on 12/04/06 22:42 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The 04 civic is a basic Quality small sized car. Nothing dramatic about it, but fairly dependable. medium quiet ride. Good on gas!!!

There is nothing better than this!!!
By Omer on 10/28/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a BMW before I can attest to the fact having a reliable car is more important than having an fancier car. This car is a very simple car thus everything works as advertised. I have owned this car for almost 3-yrs now and I haven't had a single mechanical problem. Also trade-in value of this car is about $11000 even though I only paid $14500 for it about 3-yrs ago. This is not a performance car but it is an everyday winner. You can easily own this car for 10-yr worry free with regular interval oil-change and stuff. Just remember Honda's specialty is engines and these things live forever. I just love Hondas.

My old chevy pickup runs better
By Mattvss on 10/04/06 14:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a comuter back and forth from la to san francisco and am not pleased. I bought the car with 300 miles and now have nearly 92,000 miles on it. 85% highway. I was driving around napa valley and my steering started to make noise and wobble so i pulled over and found my steering knuckles came out at 5k. My radiator leaked at 15k, rear brakes failed at 25 and luckily tranny went right before warranty at 34,650. My gas mileage is good but reliability is flimsy, build quality is cheap. Ive replaced the axles twice since out of warranty, brakes once, stereo went twice and then decided to add new one.. Not impressed with honda product

A little disappointed
By Doug on 08/17/06 08:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I love the car, the design, comfort and reliability, but am only getting between 38 - 43 MPG. Not bad, but was expecting a lot better. I have tried to drive conservatively, but still got less than 43 in city driving. Highway seems to do better, but most of my driving is in traffic. So a little disappointed in the fuel efficiency, but overall I am enjoying the car.

Honda owner for life!
By Lynda Alsup on 08/12/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a Honda Civic EX - 5speed manual. I drive 85% highway and average 33mpg. Previous car was a V6 2000 GrandAM (automatic) and I am VERY impressed with the pick up & acceleration onto the highway with my Civic. I call it my 'poor man's BMW' but that's a compliment because it has the classic exterior styling of a BMW without the outrageous price tag. I've always been a GM buyer - especially Pontiac but after owning a Civic - I'm Honda forever!

This a Great Little Car!
By Robert Clarke on 07/10/06 20:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Honda and so far it is the best. Fast, great seats and the shifter is perfect. 2000 miles so far and I get 33 mpg per tank. Braking is awesome and I need it because I drive it fast!

Jackson Racing supercharged SI
By Jong on 07/06/06 00:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Si has has a supercharger, headers, cold air intake and catback exhaust. It makes about 210ish HP and 150ish torque. Its have plenty of speed and a lot of fun to drive. I still maintain 20-23 local and 25-30 highway. I don't like the stock body much but it looks sharp with the HFP package

4 Dr LX Sedan
By Lowell on 05/25/06 11:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car three years ago and had no problems whatsoever with the car. I only go to the dealer every 5,000 miles for the usual maintenance stuff, very reliable compact car. Averages 29-31 mpg of city driving usually around 30-32 if I don't use my AC a lot. Excellent resale value, bought this car for $15,000 and if I trade it in, it is still $12,000 just $2,000 depreciation for 3 years - not bad! Try that on other vehicles and you will really be disappointed. Runs fast, got it more than 110 mph with 5 people on the car.