Used 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

major problem
By Davis Atkins

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

the engine turns off when the car is still, so when you are parallel parking on a hill the car stalls and rolls.

Solid Economy
By C. R. Hausman

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Although my Civic Hybrid does not get quite to mileage advertised, it consistently gives me mileage in the 40's and in the high 40's in highway driving. It is solid and has an excellent safety rating--which is one reason I chose it over the Toyota Prius. Its design is not pretentious, which I prefer.

Convenience of controls, front wheel drive, comfortable for four adults, and surprisingly roomy trunk space.

The design should permit the rear seats to fold down.

Laugh at the Gas Stations
By LoisAnn

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As we pass the gas stations we laugh. Our Honda Hybrid gets 45 MPG and rides like a dream. It is fun to drive also. We really get a kick out of listening to the engine stop at stop lights. If you have a hybrid you know what I mean. Tee Hee

Gas mileage and it is a nice looking car.

Leather seats

Very Comfortable Drive
By ronsing

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The most interesting thing about driving this vehicle is that you really don;t notice anything different about it. It handles like any other Honda Civic. Now, that bwing said, it is a little unnerving at first, when the engine shuts down at a light, but the car is so quiet that you normally don;t even notice that, or the fact that the engine starts again when you take your foot off the brake. I had an SUV prior to this, and only filling the tank once a month is a treat.

The great 40pgm+ gas mileage, and it still feeling like you are driving a CAR, not a toy.

An electric door lock o the passenger side.

I love my Civic Hybrid
By Filippo

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I get 47mpg highway, 39 city. It took a little getting used to driving a hybrid at first. The engine 'autostop' was a shocker. Who would ever think of an engine shutting off while stopped in traffic? And when entering a highway, going uphill was also a bit tough. In order to get more power, you shift into 2 for a few seconds, then just shift back into 1. (This is with an automatic civic sedan.) A few things I miss from my 2002 Honda Civic EX are the color. . I also gained alloy wheels, side impact airbags. In short, I love my honda hybrid!

Riding express lanes (alone) to work, and of course, the gas mileage and quiet ride.

A few things I miss from my 2002 Honda Civic EX are the navy blue color and sunroof. However, I gained alloy wheels, side impact airbags.