Used 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

major problem
By Davis Atkins

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

the engine turns off when the car is still, so when you are parallel parking on a hill the car stalls and rolls.

Solid Economy
By C. R. Hausman

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Although my Civic Hybrid does not get quite to mileage advertised, it consistently gives me mileage in the 40's and in the high 40's in highway driving. It is solid and has an excellent safety rating--which is one reason I chose it over the Toyota Prius. Its design is not pretentious, which I prefer.

Convenience of controls, front wheel drive, comfortable for four adults, and surprisingly roomy trunk space.

The design should permit the rear seats to fold down.

Laugh at the Gas Stations
By LoisAnn

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As we pass the gas stations we laugh. Our Honda Hybrid gets 45 MPG and rides like a dream. It is fun to drive also. We really get a kick out of listening to the engine stop at stop lights. If you have a hybrid you know what I mean. Tee Hee

Gas mileage and it is a nice looking car.

Leather seats

John C. In Evans, Ga.
By Fintago

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I only had to take it back once in 34000 miles. The plastic right front windshield post covering was rattling after 20000 miles of dirt roads. Fixed in about an hour. I get 43 to 44 mpg at 80M.P.H. on Interstate, and 49 to 51 M.P.G.around town. The best I got was in the Keys (54-56 M.P.G. (flat land below 55 M.P.H.) And yes, I would buy another one, my other vehicle is a 2003 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab truck.(17 to18 M.P.G.) 15 M.P.G. on the Interstate.

daytime instrument panel, and Continuously variable transmission.Anti- lock brakes, Side Impact Airbags, Cheap Insurance. 80,000 Mile warranty on the Electric part of the car.

Better mileage at 80 M.P.H. Sunroof less road noise

I love my Civic Hybrid
By Filippo

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I get 47mpg highway, 39 city. It took a little getting used to driving a hybrid at first. The engine 'autostop' was a shocker. Who would ever think of an engine shutting off while stopped in traffic? And when entering a highway, going uphill was also a bit tough. In order to get more power, you shift into 2 for a few seconds, then just shift back into 1. (This is with an automatic civic sedan.) A few things I miss from my 2002 Honda Civic EX are the color. . I also gained alloy wheels, side impact airbags. In short, I love my honda hybrid!

Riding express lanes (alone) to work, and of course, the gas mileage and quiet ride.

A few things I miss from my 2002 Honda Civic EX are the navy blue color and sunroof. However, I gained alloy wheels, side impact airbags.

• SUV