Used 2004 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

This is a great car!
By Pantherkent

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used (w/21,000 miles) and paid almost the full retail of what a new 2005 goes for. Nevertheless, I'm completely satisfied with this Civic EX Coupe. The color (Satin Silver), the styling (the headlamps, taillamps, alloy wheels, sheetmetal creases on hood and down the sides), the value features for the money (cruise, 6 speaker stereo, ABS, sunroof, keyless entry) and then there's the great gas mileage! I'm average around 35mpg in mixed driving. Pickup and power are good for a car that weighs around 2600lbs. This is my second Honda (first was an '86 Accord LX-i hatchback) and hopefully this one will do 200,000 miles plus like my first one!

Favorite Features

Backlit gauges, multi-step (nine!) fan speeds, jewel-like head and tail lamps, nearly silent motor when idling, keyless entry, sunroof (that slides into, not on top of roof), and great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

More insulation from road noise, larger volume knob for radio (about the size of the HVAC knobs), cushion trunk lid (tinny sound when closed), keyless trunk, move sunroof switch to center stack, wider seats. The Si's motor, 4-wheel discs, traction/ESP would be good additions for next EX model.

Civic Coupe Review
By DJ

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I'm fairly happy with the car. However, the power to gas milage ratio is disappointing... Avg. 25 mpg at freeway speeds with A/C on (rated at 38 mpg).

Favorite Features

Nice Styling, positive control, so far realible transportation.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power, seats uncomfortable, radio hard to reach, stiff shifting (manual trans).

Awesome Car for $12500
By Jay

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got to say what a great little car for the money. You can't go wrong here with the Honda Civic VP, 5 speed. I guess for a 24 year old that car suites me quite nicely. I love the gas milage, the design of the vehicle, and the overall build quality of this vehicle. This is a basic car from point A to B, with nothing but A/C and a AM/FM CD Player. Car rides and drives great! MY GF loves the car! I sold the 2000 Tahoe I had due to the gas prices. I was spending almost a $100 a week in gas for the Tahoe, where as now I only spend about $30.00. This is a perfect car for a young adult, or someone young at heart

Favorite Features

Looks, Build Quality, Ride, and Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it came with cruise, but I guess I could have bought an LX and spent 3k more.

It's a blast!
By DaBomb

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Used to own a '91 Accord (with 250K on odometer at the time it was totaled). Honda's have come a long way since then. At first I thought I'd stepped down from an Accord to get into the Civic, but now I'm totally satisfied, especially with the wonderful gas mileage this vehicle offers. Furthermore, a smaller car is easier to park! I'm not totally in love with this vehicle though, however I am, like I said, very satisfied with the purchase. And, as a repeat Honda owner, I have no doubt about it's exceptional reliability. Yet, needs work on the exterior durability. Dings and scratches easily. It's great to know that this car will probably last as long as my former Honda too.

Favorite Features

Sunroof. Remote entry. I really like having the sun- roof back and the windows down. All the fun of having a convertible, but without the actual hassle and expense of one. Nice and peppy for such four banger too.

Suggested Improvements

Can't stand the steering wheel. Lower handle grips have no space for me to rest both hands comfortably, only one hand because of instrumentation on wheel. Unable to rest elbows comfortably while driving too. Side body molding! C'mon! An EX? Make it standard! Stereo is so-so. Need to improve.

First small car
By Jim

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is fun to drive and the mileage is better the futher you drive it. Excellent manufacture's assistance and concern. Dealer satifaction is high. Very nice people. I bought the car for gas mileage around town and it has satisfied me.

Favorite Features

Style and economy. Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

The radio has a lot to be desired. Very low AM reception. Some local channels cannot come in like other radios. Speakers are ok but the radio must be changed. The car needs more sound deading. It is very loud on rocky / semi smooth roads and interstates.