Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Happy EX Owner
By Buckeye

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very reliable car that gets very good gas mileage. I am getting 41 mpg on the highway and 34-36 mpg city. I have the 4 door sedan that has plenty of room for 4 people. Trunk capacity is very good. Bought the vehicle brand new and now I have 45,000 miles on it. I have never had to take it in for service for anything more than the normal oil change and the regular maint. Resale value is great! I am a very happy Honda owner.

Car handles like a sports car. Very fun to drive.

The car can get better gas mileage through better if flow management. The K&N air kit improves gas mileage by 3-5 mpg which puts it almost into hybrid mpg ratings. Honda can do better with mpg on these cars. There is no reason they should not be getting 45mpg.

Simply amazed!
By Fraug

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A few years ago I would never buy a vehicle that was not an "American" automobile. When gasoline prices began rising early 2004, I was no longer as proud of my American gas-guzzling pickup truck. Though I still need it for my small ranch. Perfect for that! Anyway, the payment for my Civic was almost the same as the cost for the gasoline I was using in my truck for commuting to work. The amount I spend on gasoline now is almost the same as I was spending on my pickup 4 years ago. i am averaging 32- 35 mpg with 73,000 miles. I commute 100 miles total every day. I have had ZERO problems with my Civic!

Gasoline mileage.

Standard anti-lock brakes. Keyless trunk opener button on fob. More available popular factory options.

Honda All the Way
By Wally

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 04 EX 4 door for four years now and I can't say enough about the kind of car Honda builds. All I have done is regular maintenance and tires. Averaging 32 mpg and the car is still worth $10K on trade. What a car, my wife has a C-RV and my next car will be an Accord. HONDA ALL THE WAY!!!

Handling and ride are exceptional for a compact

NONE

What a car!?!
By James O.

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Accord EX is without question the best car I have ever owned (am will likely own). In four years I have not had a single issue with it, both interior and exterior. Routine maintenance and a little TLC leave her running and looking great. An added bonus is the fantastic fuel efficiency now that gas is through the roof. On average, she gets close to 30 mpg. If you are considering buying a Honda, this particular model will serve you very, very well.

Sporty look (I think I have the sports package with the steel rims, etc.); good acceleration for a 4 cylinder; fold down seats with trunk access have enabled me to move many large items with ease; of course, great gas mileage.

Honestly, I can't really think of any!

Honda's are the best
By SCF

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in fall of 2003 and now have only 26,000 miles on the car. Super reliable, great gas mileage, supportive and comfortable seats. What's not to love about this car? We took the car on a trip in southern Colorado on mostly secondary roads with speed limits of 55 to 65 mph and got 43 mpg! Have only had to do oil changes and had one small rattle near the dash that the dealership fixed. No other problems. This car is not a hotrod but set the cruise control at 78 on the interstate and that's where is stays. If you want a car with bank vault solid reliability, great resale value and excellent gas mileage you won't go wrong with a Civic.

Honda reliability, goes great in the snow

Cup holders for back seat