Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

What a car!?!
By James O.

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Accord EX is without question the best car I have ever owned (am will likely own). In four years I have not had a single issue with it, both interior and exterior. Routine maintenance and a little TLC leave her running and looking great. An added bonus is the fantastic fuel efficiency now that gas is through the roof. On average, she gets close to 30 mpg. If you are considering buying a Honda, this particular model will serve you very, very well.

Favorite Features

Sporty look (I think I have the sports package with the steel rims, etc.); good acceleration for a 4 cylinder; fold down seats with trunk access have enabled me to move many large items with ease; of course, great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, I can't really think of any!

Honda's are the best
By SCF

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in fall of 2003 and now have only 26,000 miles on the car. Super reliable, great gas mileage, supportive and comfortable seats. What's not to love about this car? We took the car on a trip in southern Colorado on mostly secondary roads with speed limits of 55 to 65 mph and got 43 mpg! Have only had to do oil changes and had one small rattle near the dash that the dealership fixed. No other problems. This car is not a hotrod but set the cruise control at 78 on the interstate and that's where is stays. If you want a car with bank vault solid reliability, great resale value and excellent gas mileage you won't go wrong with a Civic.

Favorite Features

Honda reliability, goes great in the snow

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders for back seat

Still going!!!
By Zoom Zoom

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new, it had 24 miles on it. Now it has 75,000 miles. I have made changes to the car. All with the intent for better gas mileage. Stock I was getting 33 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph. After dual exhaust, K&N air intake, summer tires, and it's not manual (automatic trans.); I now get 51 mpg on the interstate at 75-79 mph. Seriously basically stock 1.7L with an automatic stock trans. and 89 octane pump gas, I get 50 mpg. The city drive takes a toll on the gas mileage, due to the trans., I still get anywhere from 38 to 43mpg in the city. It is definitely not a racer, but it is what I paid for. I would like to have a little more power, but saving the gas money is great.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage I get with the alterations is great. The four doors are great for extra room. The lighted tach display is a nice stock option, it just looks cool. The body styling of the 4 door is very sleek with the compliment of the stock rear spoiler, I get lots of compliments on the car.

Suggested Improvements

The hard plastic silver covering on the inside door handles, wears off in about 2 years and it is dangerous to your fingers. Alter the stock design of the resonator box, it chokes the cars rpm and mpg. Give the base model a VTEC option. Softer seats.

Good Work or Run Around Town Car
By John

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to drive to and from work because of the dependability and resale. This is my first Honda and I bought it with just 23K. It replaced my Ford Escort. Gas mileage is about 1 or 2 MPG better than 2002 Escort. It sits better and has better acceleration than the Escort. Honda gets about 32-36 MPG to and from work which is about 8 miles in town, 34 miles on freeway. I do not just drive it in town. It gets twice as good of MPG as my Mountaineer!

Favorite Features

Sunroof/Moonroof, cruise and comfortable drivers seat makes for good commuting. Trunk is roomier than I thought. Good gas mileage. Very good response from steering.

Suggested Improvements

Front stereo speaker quality is poor. Windshield wiper spray and wipers are weak. Tire quality is an issue when driving through snow. Looking over your shoulder to see the blind spot is a problem.

first honda
By billy

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Most uncomfortable car I have owned needs more comfortable seating, alloy wheels need to be standard. Anti-theft radio is a pain when you buy the car used and don't have code then you have to pay $60 to get the code from dealership. Love the dash lighting

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

more comfortable seating, alloy wheels standard