2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Hassle
By kflanagan on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

One thing that no one mentions about this car is that you cannot roll the back window down because you get this tunneling effect. By this I mean, the wind is going through the car and you feel like you are going through a tunnel, your ears seem stopped up, the noise is really bad. Now that I have taken it to the dealership, they tell me that if you roll down another window - it eases the noise. That is not true because I tried that already. The cup holder does not come out so it is a pain to wash. The car runs great and I love the savings on the gas - especially now that prices have gone up.

I Love it!
By jwcarter82 on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought the car and I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to own the car. I traded my gas guzzling suv in and I have saved a ton of money in gas just the first month. In fact, I have driven 400 miles and have yet to fill it up! That should speak for itself. The car is fun to drive and handles really nicely. The seats are a little firm but not uncomfortable.

Superior Honda Hybrid -
By gay e cheney on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I waited for and sought out this car, wanting a hybrid and having driven Hondas for 30 years now. Not enough dealers around here carry them. Many people waiting for them. I have always had hatch backs and loved them for carrying stuff. Don't know whether or not a hatchback could get as good mileage.

mine
By minerick on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I been a chevy man since 73 but last year I traded my S10 blazer in for a Honda hybird civic. After 25 years of being a mech. and working on most makes and models I enjoy not having to work on my own, not only that but instead of filling up twice a week at about $30 or so for fuel now I fillup once every two weeks or so my average driving to work a day is 40 miles (one way) not only that but no tune-up till 110,000 miles and oil changs 2000 not any more now it's 5000. The ride is more comfortable than most autos the same size. the only thing I don't like is I can't tow anything with it but I'll survive

Hybrid lives up to it's MPG expectations
By Richard34 on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid has lived up to it's expectations for gas mileage. Instrumentation allows visual information to driver about inttantaneous and average MPG. Excellent mileage both in city,out in country,even in the mountains.Tows well behind motor home. MPG stays between 40- 50 MPG on all conditions with driver care to use information to adjust driving habits. Fun to drive knowing what MPG always is!!! Especially at $2.00 /gal gas. A new definition of performance for a car--economy,low pollution as well as safety and performance. It is a car I am proud to own and drive!!!

Great Gas Mileage
By MeMyselfAndI on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My husband gets over 45 MPG with this car on average, and this is with automatic transmission. The car comes with many things that are extra on other cars, such as cruise control, a CD player, and has the great safety feature of sideair bags. Highly recommend.

nice little car
By kaileen13 on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

excellent handing. NO mechanical problems. comfortable ride (seating). roomy back seat. good vision (except when it rains, water tends to stay on rear window). Seats are very low, 6way power-seating would be great. NO place for handbag. Beige color I chose is very hard for others to see, daytime running lights are necessary. So nice to get a $2000 tax rebate.

Great Gas Mileage!
By greenlady on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is solid. Although it doesn't have the same acceleration power as my previous vehicle, it can hold its own. I get 48mpg after 3000 miles. It runs great and is very comfortable. If you are looking for a hybrid, I highly recommend the Civic.

Everything's Great But The Radio
By MLA on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is wonderful. Around LA, I get 37-43 MPG, and no less than 35MPG in around-town driving. I have only one complaint--after years of driving Honda's main line Acura Legend, I was not expecting this Hybrid to have such a crummy sounding radio. It sounds quite "tinny". I replaced the speakers, but the radio needs to be upgraded as well. They should off er an option going in to get their better quality radio/CD player. Fix this one problem (or wait and buy the Accord Hybrid when it comes out this fall, which should have better quality equipment) and one should reach driving nirvana.

Hybrid Honda is terrific
By Evans,Blair on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

We thought we were going to purchase the Toyota Prius, but were not pleased with the dashboard configuration. We then decided on the Honda Civic Hybrid and are extremely pleased. We discuss each morning over who will get to drive it; the one going the most miles wins. We are very pleased with our purchase.