Used 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

love my hybrid
By demisim

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

i drive over 25000 miles a year, so saving an estimated $5,000 over 5 yrs in fuel costs. still getting 48.4 mpg, even though i beat on the car and average about 90mph on the freeway. yeah, im a speedfreak and the 85 horses still perform well at this consistant speed.

Favorite Features

gas savings! good looks, huge interior for a compact car. also the battery pack over the rear tires provides extra weight for snow driving, making this more sure footed in the snow than regular front wheel drives.

Suggested Improvements

breaking system, theres something not right, but other honda model owners feel it too. hard to describe it, but dont trust it.

By Janie

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have enjoyed the quiet, reliable, comfortable performance of this car. I get 40 to 44 MPG gasoline during the cooler months. People comment on the beauty and the quiet performance of the engine. I am amused every time someone asks me, "You don't ever have to plug it in?"

Favorite Features

Looks, quiet engine, power of engine even though the gasoline mileage is great.

Suggested Improvements

More color choices for exterior.

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT
By MT_Cup

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have to admit to being skeptical. I live in a mountainous area, so performance can be an issue. Not so here. This car is perfect! I can pass other vehicles uphill at 55 mph and not break a sweat! Fun and powerful, this is a great car. With the cost saving hybrid technology, I recommend this car for everyone.

Favorite Features

Cabin Space. I'm under 5ft, my friends are all over 6 ft. We all fit in the car and are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the trunck/gas hatch release moved up off the floor. Perhaps to the door. I'd also like to see the radio controls on the wheel (cruise on the right, stereo on the left).

Honda Civic
By Lance Klass

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

As a New York City native and one keenly aware of our over-dependence on Mideast oil, I turned my attention away from the Accord the dealership was showing me, to the sporty little Civic Hybrid that supposedly got 50 miles per gallon. I was one of the first in New Hampshire to purchase one, and I've been delighted with it. I'm 6 foot 2, and there's maybe 4 or 5 inches of extra headroom. It's a roomy, fast little car, and I get between 43 mpg and 52 mpg depending on the season and whether my snow tires are on or not. Pick-up is great, I love its looks, and it's fun to drive. And I feel good that less of my money is going to Mideast oil sheiks.

Favorite Features

Headroom! Lots of it. Peppy and good pick-up from the toll booth or on passing when I really need it. Handles the road well, corners well, and the gas mileage really is super. My best is 52 mpg; I've actually driven NH to NYC round-trip on one tank of gas!

Suggested Improvements

Promote the heck out of this technology as it's a real winner, and get those gas-guzzling SUVs and monster trucks off the road.

I love my Hybrid Civic
By theodyke

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I drive a lot and wanted a car that would perform well and be reliable as well as fuel efficient. I am a devotee of Honda since buying a 9 year old Accord in 1995 that a friend of mine is still driving. The Civic Hybrid fits the bill. It's fun to drive (a little slow out of the gate, but passable) and it's even more fun to see it get more than 600 miles to a tank. You can't be that in these times. I will alway be a Honda satisfied customer.

Favorite Features

I love that the car shows you how you're doing on gas mileage. The dashboard was distracting at first (too much to watch!) but now, I love it.

Suggested Improvements

They really, really need to find a way to put a sunroof on this car. There's got to be a way to move the antenna to accomplish it. The car would be perfect then.