2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I Like My Hybrid
By dlbuck on 04/29/08 06:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I have the manual trans. If Honda offered the man trans in new hybrid, I'd buy one. When I drive at speed limit (55 mph), I ave 55-60 mpg. New hybrid can't approach this. Freeway traveling (60-65 mph) ave is 50 mpg. Headwind kills mpg. Snow tires kills mpg. To me, mpg is more important than getting there early. Two recalls for engine computer stuff. Never any problems. Haven't replaced brakes yet. I have them checked at every oil change (3k miles) & so far not worn out. I'm getting nervous. Compared to previous vehicle(Jeep Gr Cher, 20mpg) I paid for hybrid August 2003. Honda should offer man trans for Civic hybrid, same as regular Civic.

Da Coupe
By JT on 04/16/08 14:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car from Honda. I have owned two civic coupes and both have been great. The coupe I have now is manual, and suggest folks to get the manual if you like stick and sporty fun. Gas mileage is great also. Overall, a great car for any age. Performance and economy all in one.

Very good investment.
By RallyeRed on 03/24/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the vehicle for a little over a year. Out of most of my friends, I'm the only one with a fuel efficient vehicle and I see how much more money they spend of gas, I can usually fill up for about thirty dollars when it takes them sixty to seventy dollars to fill up. Anyway, it's a great car. I think the interior is designed quite well and is also comfortable. Like I said, its a very good investment, especially if you're looking for a more fuel efficient car.

Still going!!!
By Zoom Zoom on 03/20/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new, it had 24 miles on it. Now it has 75,000 miles. I have made changes to the car. All with the intent for better gas mileage. Stock I was getting 33 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph. After dual exhaust, K&N air intake, summer tires, and it's not manual (automatic trans.); I now get 51 mpg on the interstate at 75-79 mph. Seriously basically stock 1.7L with an automatic stock trans. and 89 octane pump gas, I get 50 mpg. The city drive takes a toll on the gas mileage, due to the trans., I still get anywhere from 38 to 43mpg in the city. It is definitely not a racer, but it is what I paid for. I would like to have a little more power, but saving the gas money is great.

Good Work or Run Around Town Car
By John on 03/18/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to drive to and from work because of the dependability and resale. This is my first Honda and I bought it with just 23K. It replaced my Ford Escort. Gas mileage is about 1 or 2 MPG better than 2002 Escort. It sits better and has better acceleration than the Escort. Honda gets about 32-36 MPG to and from work which is about 8 miles in town, 34 miles on freeway. I do not just drive it in town. It gets twice as good of MPG as my Mountaineer!

first honda
By billy on 03/14/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Most uncomfortable car I have owned needs more comfortable seating, alloy wheels need to be standard. Anti-theft radio is a pain when you buy the car used and don't have code then you have to pay $60 to get the code from dealership. Love the dash lighting

Best Car I've Owned
By DJStormX on 12/11/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love the Civic. Best car I've owned so far with the exceptional gas mileage. Wish Honda could have put a bigger engine or came out with a V6 model for the EX and with a little more standard features. All in all a very great car that will probably last forever.

Great Car
By Kyle on 11/28/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I've owned. Almost no complaints. Great gas mileage, almost 35 mpg, looks greats and runs amazing. Off the line it can keep up with most 6 cylinder cars. Mine is only a 4. The tires that came with it were too soft. Needed to be replaced way too soon. Also, it's hard to see out the back when backing and there's a big blind spot when changing lanes. Not the best winter car. My gas line constantly freezes and since the car is so light, it can be very hard to keep control in snow. Suggest putting a little weight in the car for snow. Otherwise the car is great. During summer, can open sun roof and windows, and enjoy a nice drive. All in All, great car!

My 2004 Honda LX
By Leahcim on 11/27/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda lives up to its reputation in that this car gets great gas mileage as well as good reliability. No major problems with my car which currently has 58000 miles on it.

A thrilled owner
By Falcone on 10/28/07 07:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my EX coupe, with a spoiler and a sunroof, and alloy rims. Though recently I have had to crank it for 2-3 seconds on a cold start. But mine has 90k miles on her, and i kinda beat the hell out of her for the entire time. And I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty, so I'm not too worried. The seats are great for long trips. Large trunk for an economy car. And I'm a college student so that is important. I always tell my friends to buy a Civic. They are the only car that actually lives up to its reputation, for the better