Used 2004 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Superior Honda Hybrid -
By gay e cheney

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I waited for and sought out this car, wanting a hybrid and having driven Hondas for 30 years now. Not enough dealers around here carry them. Many people waiting for them. I have always had hatch backs and loved them for carrying stuff. Don't know whether or not a hatchback could get as good mileage.

gas mileage (47.6), smooth and quiet, easy on environment, doesn't use gas when stopping at lights, trains, etc., cute looking, makes me proud to drive it! Has great pick up!

Rear windshield wipers, greater range of colors.

04 Civic Si
By cybrjam

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was going to buy this car back in 2003, but decided to stay a little longer with my 8 year old car and save some money. I just got the 04 model yesterday and although I haven't being able to push it (break-in period); it feels solid. Engine is quiet upon acceleration and super quiet when idle. Road noise can be felt at freeway speeds, but it is a "sports" car. Compared to my old car, the handling is very precise and the transmission is second to none. Got the car for $17,100 plus tax and title.

Seats, Gauges (look nice at night), handling, engine punch (it is no Ferrari, but it doesn't cost $150,000 either. Transmission is a dream. Plenty of cup holders. You either like the design or don't; I love it.

Better stock radio. Height adjustment on the seats. Armrest in the middle.

fuel saver
By melephant

2004 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very good car. I just bought my second 2004 HX exactly like the first. Good power great fuel efficiency and feels solid low wind noise even with the window open

5 star crash test safety

Less sensitive steering.

mine
By minerick

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I been a chevy man since 73 but last year I traded my S10 blazer in for a Honda hybird civic. After 25 years of being a mech. and working on most makes and models I enjoy not having to work on my own, not only that but instead of filling up twice a week at about $30 or so for fuel now I fillup once every two weeks or so my average driving to work a day is 40 miles (one way) not only that but no tune-up till 110,000 miles and oil changs 2000 not any more now it's 5000. The ride is more comfortable than most autos the same size. the only thing I don't like is I can't tow anything with it but I'll survive

it would be nice if I could tow a small bike trailer

Honda Has Made a Real Winner
By srr

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

It may not be the coolest car or the best looking, but the 2004 Civic is still a winner. We have consistantly gotten between 35 and 45 miles per gallon (that is a mix between city/highway driving too) The interior fit and finish is great and the manufacturer has made good use of space. The ride is exceptionally comfortable and doesn't punish the occupents. Leg room up front is great, though in the back its a little tight. While the Civic may be expensive on this end, the cost is obviously justified in the high fuel economy it gets and the pristine reliability.

Fuel economy, new outside design, front seat comfort, smooth ride

Adjustible radio dials from the steering wheel, slightly faster engine