Used 2004 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love it.
By Miyoun

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this car yesterday, June 29th, and this is the most fun I've had. I jumped up from a 2001 Chevy S10, which was not the best truck, but was practical. This Si has great room in the front and the back (my head does not touch the top when sitting up in the back seats 6') and has great gas mileage. LoVe It.

Interior/Exterior design, 5 lug wheel set up, side skirts, seats.

Could use the Japan spec TypeR engine, lol.

Best hybrid out there
By macsven

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I didn't really choose to buy this car, since I wanted a manual transmission hybrid (the Civic is the only such model), but I am absolutely happy. The performance is decent, certainly no different than standard Civics or similar class cars. However, I probably would have paid more for extra horses because acceleration above 60 mph or when driving with a full car is sluggish. Gas mileage has lived up to my expectations -- 45-55 mpg, which leads me to think any complaints out there are from drivers who accelerate too fast, go over 80 mpg, etc. All other aspects of the car are identical to regular Civics -- a well balanced and economical sedan.

600+ miles per tank of gas! Under ideal driving conditions (flat, 60 mph speed, etc.), I get 65 mpg. Dash lights are stylish, as is the mini- spoiler and antenna. Overall feel of the car is solid for its size.

Major things -- rear suspension a bit loose, wheel design is chunky/ugly, extra horsepower (even if 5 mpg less fuel efficient). Minor things -- extra armrest for passenger, cupholders in back, windows don't shed rain that well, trunk space is a bit smaller than standard C

Honda Hybrid No faults
By Charles

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought it in December, took off for Phoenix, Albuquerque, no faults, ran great, Cruise control is awesome, best process control system i've ever seen in an auto. The A/C is great. The economy mode and cruise control with A/C set on 70 degrees pulled up the 8000 ft mountain going into San Diego CA with no overheating, passing everybody else with A/C off and overheating still. Milage varied on 3000 mile trip from 33 to 39 mpg depending on speed and wind direction. It takes no thought to drive, just push the gas pedal. Stable and sure-footed in rain and wind, even with sligh

The A/C Temp control is amazing. Blows cold almost instantly after starting, If set to max cold, will chill you in a minute. It cycles between vents to compensate for sun in one side. Just set the Temp. you want and it does it. The cruise control holds speed better than any car I've

Hard to adjust drivers seat to get front edge down to not pinch nerve in right leg. Need to be able to tip front seat cushion down in front.

Honda Hassle
By kflanagan

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

One thing that no one mentions about this car is that you cannot roll the back window down because you get this tunneling effect. By this I mean, the wind is going through the car and you feel like you are going through a tunnel, your ears seem stopped up, the noise is really bad. Now that I have taken it to the dealership, they tell me that if you roll down another window - it eases the noise. That is not true because I tried that already. The cup holder does not come out so it is a pain to wash. The car runs great and I love the savings on the gas - especially now that prices have gone up.

Gas milage Size of car

GET RID OF THE TUNNEL EFFECT OR GET RID OF THE WINDOWS IN THE BACK SEATING AREA. MAKE THE CUP HOLDERS REMOVABLE.

I Love it!
By jwcarter82

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought the car and I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to own the car. I traded my gas guzzling suv in and I have saved a ton of money in gas just the first month. In fact, I have driven 400 miles and have yet to fill it up! That should speak for itself. The car is fun to drive and handles really nicely. The seats are a little firm but not uncomfortable.

• SUV