Used 2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

my new si
By piranhafreak

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car i love it very fun to drive. The radio is not to hot.takes turns like no other pretty quick but could be faster. the most comfertable car to sit in. the drive can be a bit bumpy but if your buying this car your not buying it to be a luxruy car. its deffinitly a nice little sports car

Favorite Features

shifter location is awesome and handling is perfect interior looks are perfect wouldnt cange it one bit

Suggested Improvements

could be a little quicker type r motor would be nice need to lose the wheel gap way to much radio is just plain bad

Most fun car we have driven in years
By Beatricec

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Honda Civic hatchback and we love it. The white dials are easy to see in daylight and and night and the clutch and shift are a delight. A winner.

Favorite Features

Stick shift- in a convenient place

Suggested Improvements

Make a red one.

Great car, not-so-great mpg
By karenrose

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall love this car. Fun to drive, fast and agile. First Honda I've ever owned and I love it. Great styling, nice interior, love the stick shift on the dash. Honda should make a convertible model. This car will get me my first speeding ticket. Can't help but race it on the highway.

Favorite Features

Stick shift on the dash. Lots of unexpected quirky compartments to store stuff. Decent amount of leg room in the back. Comfy seats make my 45 minute commute tolerable.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is shabby. 31 MPG? Is anyone getting that? I average about 25. Got much better gas mileage on my 98 Camry. Would be nice if the rear windows had a pop-out lever feature. Power plug should have power when the car is off..

gotta love the SI !!!!!
By sk8r64sno

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it is an all around excellent vehicle. the 2.0l engine gives plenty of horsepower and torque. rally style shifter is ergonomicly superior to the standard shifter and the suade race seats are extremely comfortable. i installed a 2 inch lowering kit on mine, and it grips better and still retains the factory ride. not bumpy at all. if you want a car that looks great, runs fast, has great gas milage and is still comfortable and fun to drive i would HIGHLY reccomend the civic SI. gotta love the SI !!!!!

Favorite Features

the 2.0l engine is excellent from the factory and is easily upgradable if thats what you want. the sporty seats, suade interior, rally shifter and red stitching on the seats, shifter and steering wheel are gorgeous.

Suggested Improvements

the standard motor is a great powerplant, but honda built a faster version for the "type R" that has 240 hp as opposed to the standard 160. put the type r motor in our si's. include the "honda factory performance" package on all si's and turbo it from the factory. thanks

Nice Car
By drowe

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, quite peppy, holds the road quite nicely. Outside styling a bit odd (that is why I bought it!. More european vice Japanese. Built in England, but with Japanese quality. My only real gripe so far is the cars interior scratches real easy and the seat material should have been all cloth vice the mesh material used. I drive it daily as my work car and it does great. When I put the wife and kids in, we still zip right along, but prefer to drive with them in the Honda Odyssey. This is my car!

Favorite Features

Styling. The a/c is super, plenty of power, nice wheels, dash mounted stick. large trunk/hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Dump the tail lights and go with a traditional red/white lens. Better gas mileage (avg 25) ... not sure where the 31 mpg is. Better interior materials and all cloth seats. 40 more hp would not be unrealistic for the 2.0