2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Solid Economy
By C. R. Hausman on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Although my Civic Hybrid does not get quite to mileage advertised, it consistently gives me mileage in the 40's and in the high 40's in highway driving. It is solid and has an excellent safety rating--which is one reason I chose it over the Toyota Prius. Its design is not pretentious, which I prefer.

Laugh at the Gas Stations
By LoisAnn on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As we pass the gas stations we laugh. Our Honda Hybrid gets 45 MPG and rides like a dream. It is fun to drive also. We really get a kick out of listening to the engine stop at stop lights. If you have a hybrid you know what I mean. Tee Hee

I love my Civic Hybrid
By Filippo on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I get 47mpg highway, 39 city. It took a little getting used to driving a hybrid at first. The engine 'autostop' was a shocker. Who would ever think of an engine shutting off while stopped in traffic? And when entering a highway, going uphill was also a bit tough. In order to get more power, you shift into 2 for a few seconds, then just shift back into 1. (This is with an automatic civic sedan.) A few things I miss from my 2002 Honda Civic EX are the color. . I also gained alloy wheels, side impact airbags. In short, I love my honda hybrid!

John C. In Evans, Ga.
By Fintago on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I only had to take it back once in 34000 miles. The plastic right front windshield post covering was rattling after 20000 miles of dirt roads. Fixed in about an hour. I get 43 to 44 mpg at 80M.P.H. on Interstate, and 49 to 51 M.P.G.around town. The best I got was in the Keys (54-56 M.P.G. (flat land below 55 M.P.H.) And yes, I would buy another one, my other vehicle is a 2003 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab truck.(17 to18 M.P.G.) 15 M.P.G. on the Interstate.

Very Comfortable Drive
By ronsing on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The most interesting thing about driving this vehicle is that you really don;t notice anything different about it. It handles like any other Honda Civic. Now, that bwing said, it is a little unnerving at first, when the engine shuts down at a light, but the car is so quiet that you normally don;t even notice that, or the fact that the engine starts again when you take your foot off the brake. I had an SUV prior to this, and only filling the tank once a month is a treat.

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid
By BillW55 on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Absolutely the most economical and fun car to drive. The IMA system smokes some of the fancier cars like the BMW, Jetta, Ford ponies right at the light. I made a trip from NJ to South Carolina (800 miles one way) on 17 gallons of gas. It cost more for the tolls than it did for the fuel!The road pep is surprising. Great sound system as well. Plenty of room for the passengers and the trunk is very roomy.The engine is extremely quiet. Interior cooling and heating are super. BUY this car!

Great car
By Rex Nelsen on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driving around Phoenix,AZ I average 47MPG. Took a 4,000mile trip back to the midwest with a lot of mountain driving. Loaded with luggage,two adults and AC running continuously, we averaged 43MPG. Had NO problem going thru mountains. Had lots of power and pep.

By David G. on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car. Great performance. Never a problem and great mileage. What more can you ask? Comfort? Yup, it's got that too as well as creature comforts and features like CD player, Climate control, cruise control, etc. Try it. You won't like it... You'll love it. D.

my honda hybrid
By jimzey on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle handles extremely well.

what a piece of junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By yas on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

after first month of driving car would not start almost ever time started. brough in to south shore honda insist nothing wrong with it gave me back car with dead battery. and had to give me a boost to get car started. wheel alignment off. took honda a year and a haft to relize car had a moter cycle battery. they stll did not fix alignment! i will never buy honda again. my car was purchased from dealer as a new car!