Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civic
By Zidarr

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive and in spite of it being a 4 cylinder car with low HP it feels like a higher powered car. It's swift and very responsive.

Favorite Features

The very responsive Dashboard display that brightens automayically when Drivining under a bridge or tunnel.

Suggested Improvements

Just a bit more room in the rear.

car for aging mom
By epigea

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car for my mom, who's in her 80's and is used to bigger chryslers. she's ecstatic about the car, its economy, safety and comfort. she loves the remote keyless entry and also being under 5' tall, loves the seat adjustment range. its virtually the only car in the price range that fits the small driver well. she can see out of it, and i'm so happy that she is safe behind the wheel

Favorite Features

side air bags are a big plus on this model

Suggested Improvements

tough to improve on excellence. maybe if they offered the VTEC thrifty HX engine in other models that would be better

i'm happy
By brockyates

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great great car, but a big adjustment from the 1995 Nissan Quest I had been driving. I just took it down to NC from MD and it performed very nicely. Only problem I have had is that I have been tabulating mileage and only got 26 mpg city at one point. I got 37 on a tank when i was driving completely on the highway the entire time. Not sure if honda is lying to me. Have to agree with a previous comment that this car does not have much power. My sister has a 94 accord and this drives just like it.

Favorite Features

Standard CD player, nice dashboard lights, great trunk space, good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Not as good mileage as expected, not too comfortable on the bottom for long drives and tall people.

The perfect car?
By kevin.hout@adelphia.

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is not a Porsche nor is it a Cadillac. But my Civic thinks it's both. For under $17K this is by far the best vehicle for your money. From smooth styling to great handling and power my civic covers all the bases. Honda reliability is second to none in this class and the gas milage is awesome especially in today's economy. I looked at all the cars in this class, the Jetta, Corrola, Sentra and Elantra and every time I found myself comparing them to the Civic EX. Do yourself a favor and give it a spin, you will not be disapointed.

Favorite Features

ABS, Gas Milage, Moonroof, Handling, Power (the 127hp EX does help)Styling. This car just feels smart. Oh and did I mention Gas Milage!

Suggested Improvements

AM radio SUCKS. When thats all that I find wrong, Honda did something right!

great car
By lisachula193

2004 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I just got a 2004 honda civic it so cool and cute and great to drive. I have had other cars but honda by far the best!! Great work Honda