2004 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good Daily Driver
By hansel313 on 10/01/08 01:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for a little over 2 years now. I bought it for getting to work and college, as well as cheap insurance. The Civic is pretty slow, and I usually have to rev into 4-5k RPM to make it to freeway speeds by the time I need to merge. Freeway passing is slow, unless you downshift to 4th. Gas mileage is good, but not the greatest, but one of the better ones at the price. I haven't had any major mechanical issues, just a broken power door lock actuator which was fixed under the extended warranty. Maintenance is a breeze. Interior breaks and scratches easily. Good view out the rear. It gets you from A to B, which is its intended purpose.

Happy EX Owner
By Buckeye on 07/27/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very reliable car that gets very good gas mileage. I am getting 41 mpg on the highway and 34-36 mpg city. I have the 4 door sedan that has plenty of room for 4 people. Trunk capacity is very good. Bought the vehicle brand new and now I have 45,000 miles on it. I have never had to take it in for service for anything more than the normal oil change and the regular maint. Resale value is great! I am a very happy Honda owner.

Simply amazed!
By Fraug on 07/17/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A few years ago I would never buy a vehicle that was not an "American" automobile. When gasoline prices began rising early 2004, I was no longer as proud of my American gas-guzzling pickup truck. Though I still need it for my small ranch. Perfect for that! Anyway, the payment for my Civic was almost the same as the cost for the gasoline I was using in my truck for commuting to work. The amount I spend on gasoline now is almost the same as I was spending on my pickup 4 years ago. i am averaging 32- 35 mpg with 73,000 miles. I commute 100 miles total every day. I have had ZERO problems with my Civic!

Honda All the Way
By Wally on 06/14/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 04 EX 4 door for four years now and I can't say enough about the kind of car Honda builds. All I have done is regular maintenance and tires. Averaging 32 mpg and the car is still worth $10K on trade. What a car, my wife has a C-RV and my next car will be an Accord. HONDA ALL THE WAY!!!

What a car!?!
By James O. on 05/22/08 06:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Accord EX is without question the best car I have ever owned (am will likely own). In four years I have not had a single issue with it, both interior and exterior. Routine maintenance and a little TLC leave her running and looking great. An added bonus is the fantastic fuel efficiency now that gas is through the roof. On average, she gets close to 30 mpg. If you are considering buying a Honda, this particular model will serve you very, very well.

Honda's are the best
By SCF on 05/04/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in fall of 2003 and now have only 26,000 miles on the car. Super reliable, great gas mileage, supportive and comfortable seats. What's not to love about this car? We took the car on a trip in southern Colorado on mostly secondary roads with speed limits of 55 to 65 mph and got 43 mpg! Have only had to do oil changes and had one small rattle near the dash that the dealership fixed. No other problems. This car is not a hotrod but set the cruise control at 78 on the interstate and that's where is stays. If you want a car with bank vault solid reliability, great resale value and excellent gas mileage you won't go wrong with a Civic.

Still going!!!
By Zoom Zoom on 03/20/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new, it had 24 miles on it. Now it has 75,000 miles. I have made changes to the car. All with the intent for better gas mileage. Stock I was getting 33 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph. After dual exhaust, K&N air intake, summer tires, and it's not manual (automatic trans.); I now get 51 mpg on the interstate at 75-79 mph. Seriously basically stock 1.7L with an automatic stock trans. and 89 octane pump gas, I get 50 mpg. The city drive takes a toll on the gas mileage, due to the trans., I still get anywhere from 38 to 43mpg in the city. It is definitely not a racer, but it is what I paid for. I would like to have a little more power, but saving the gas money is great.

Good Work or Run Around Town Car
By John on 03/18/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to drive to and from work because of the dependability and resale. This is my first Honda and I bought it with just 23K. It replaced my Ford Escort. Gas mileage is about 1 or 2 MPG better than 2002 Escort. It sits better and has better acceleration than the Escort. Honda gets about 32-36 MPG to and from work which is about 8 miles in town, 34 miles on freeway. I do not just drive it in town. It gets twice as good of MPG as my Mountaineer!

first honda
By billy on 03/14/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Most uncomfortable car I have owned needs more comfortable seating, alloy wheels need to be standard. Anti-theft radio is a pain when you buy the car used and don't have code then you have to pay $60 to get the code from dealership. Love the dash lighting

My 2004 Honda LX
By Leahcim on 11/27/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda lives up to its reputation in that this car gets great gas mileage as well as good reliability. No major problems with my car which currently has 58000 miles on it.