Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Has Made a Real Winner
By srr

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

It may not be the coolest car or the best looking, but the 2004 Civic is still a winner. We have consistantly gotten between 35 and 45 miles per gallon (that is a mix between city/highway driving too) The interior fit and finish is great and the manufacturer has made good use of space. The ride is exceptionally comfortable and doesn't punish the occupents. Leg room up front is great, though in the back its a little tight. While the Civic may be expensive on this end, the cost is obviously justified in the high fuel economy it gets and the pristine reliability.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, new outside design, front seat comfort, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Adjustible radio dials from the steering wheel, slightly faster engine

black civic ex wifes(2001)
By mblaesing

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Civic ex sedan, fun to drive reliable gas saver. good buying and operational experience as a commuter and on long trips. Not as comfortable or fun to drive as vw new bettle, but less expensive to operate, more reliable,and dependable in the long run. great little car for point #A to #B. not a sports sedan but nice.trading in my vw bug for a 2004 Civic like my wifes

Favorite Features

gas millaage,fun to drive nimble light car. Dealer in my same town, not 20mi. away. Switches and sensors do not always need replacement!

Suggested Improvements

radio quality, upgrade seating, leather,heated seats.more power.larger seats for trips.

2004 4dr LX Auto, Dark Blue
By Larry M

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

With the fuel prices going up and my daily ride to and from work adding up to 130 miles per day I decided it was time for a change from my 4x4 SUV's and trucks. My wife and I traded our 99 Grand Vitara in on this blue LX Sedan and although we mis the SUV this car is really great! I have driven it on a 12 hour road trip with my 2 children in the back seat and we were all very comfortable. I average 33-35 MPG with the car, but in its defense I drive PA turnpike and set the speed at 73. The interior is cleanly appointed and roomy, the trunk is wonderfull! I fit my 34" Samsonite softbag and 30" hardbag in the trunk! Exterior stlying is sporty and fun

Favorite Features

Plenty of power for normal driving, smooth and quiet on the highway. Roomy for you and your luggage.Blue trim lighting on dash is sweet!Seats are great,flat rear floor is awesome! Fuel economy makes the payment each month compared to the SUV! Honda quality and reliability makes it a

Suggested Improvements

Needs rear cup holders,kids are thirsty!Remote trunk open from the key FOB is needed rather than the cable release in the door sill.Factory warranty should be 10/100K.Fog lights should be on the LX as well as anti-lock brakes.Overall satisfaction is high,is room left for improving.

Dope Ride
By Trishi

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Civic ex . I love how it drives and its responce time is great too. The only thing that bothers me is it is a little loud when its running. I also wish Hinda would come out with its new bug shield and vent visors to match the color. I also wish the sun roof popped up and opened like the neon does.

Favorite Features

The front end and sun roof

Suggested Improvements

Make drivers seat more comfortable

Very happy owner
By Poyre

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for about 15 months. The only problems I have had are that my daughter gets it dirty, my wife keeps torquing her foot and taking off the rubber brake pedal pad, and my battery for remote entry wore out. It runs like a dream, the shifting is smooth and easy, and it has a well-built feeling. The doors shut well, all the movable parts have a smooth firm action. This was the very first brand new car I ever purchased and other than my sales rep not knowing any more about the car then I did, the whole experience was a pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have the seat move back a little further. I am 6'0" and cannot fully extend my legs in the car, either driver or passenger front seat. However, I have yet to find a compact car where that was true, so it is not overly surprising.