Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Wonderful
By Kia

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I was scared to buy a new car. My family convinced me to by a honda becasue is was so reliable and the gas mileage was right. Still a little reluctant I went and test drove it. I heard nothing but the wind. The engine was so quite i couldn't believe. Can you tell i am a first car buyer. I love my little HONDA LX. It matches my style and life. Thanks Honda for making such good cars for people like me.

Room, air conditioner, the cd player. The color for exterior and the interior. Wonderful

Back seat cup holders for kids/or passengers. Better cd setup, problem more than one cd without adding on to the price. Other than that. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good car, not great
By steve lawrence

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Good car. I've owned Hondas since 1980. Was somewhat surprised when I had to have the right front strut replaced (under warranty). Another problem is fuel guage which sometimes (about once a month)will read empty, even though there is gas in tank. Dealer says it is a design flaw and they don't know how to fix it. Otherwise, this is a reliable, solid car.

5 speed shifts very smoothly. Seats are comfortable and fuel mileage is outstanding. I usually get 35 miles per gallon.

Fix the fuel guage so it doesn't read empty when the tank isn't. I'm somewhat concerned about the strut that had to be replaced at only 16 k miles. Is this something that is going to continue to be a problem?

How can so many people buy this junk?
By Henry04

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I really hate this car! Summer in Virginia is always hot, and this car has the worst AC I have seen in any of the car! Take >10 minutes to cool down even set at the maximum. I want to get rid of it ASAP!!!

Nothing to mention; maybe its reliability

A MUCH BETTER engine and MUCH BETTER AC!

Best value in its class
By CriticalDriver

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, for a sedan with good comfort, excellent gas milage, reliability, excellent styling, and some pep below Its got a great crash rating and the exterior and interior styling will make you feel you got more car than you paid for. This car gives you the most bang for your buck. I did a lot of research and drove all the other entry level sedans (corolla, Mazda3, Focus, elantra, cavalier, etc...) If you want small car performance the Mazda 3 will beat every1 in this class. But for that money I could by a Nissan Altima and get better overal value. This years LX Civic will hold its value, give you years of service (take care of her), and make u look

reliability, gas miliage, sexy headlights, interior space and big trunk, and the infinite after-market product upgrades. Civics are the best cars to 'pimp out' because there is so many products out there for it. Buy 16" rims and sticky tires and the car will begin to perform

No remote trunk entry? huh. yeah rear cup holders would be nice, give ABS and moonroof options

I love my honda
By i_love_my_honda_04

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car with good fuel economy. in my opinion ABS is worth the extra cost. Engine is very quiet when idel.

Flat floor, ABS, AC (works in desert like conditions too).

Interior color must be dark because beige get dirty too quickly.