Used 2004 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

ratings
By T. Cramer

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a superior vehicle for economy,convenience and style. It is pleasant on the eye in the interior and exterior. It is fun to drive and surprisingly roomy for a car of its size.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, roomy, stylish, easy to use

Suggested Improvements

no antilock brakes, needs mag wheels on the LX model and a remote trunk opener, outside temperature gauge, outside mirror heater and a compass plus an ammeter.

A/C problems
By BRobins

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car would be great for a climate that never reaches over 100 degrees! Anything over that the a/c is terrible. Everytime you accelerate no matter if you mash the throttle or have an egg between your foot this vehicle blows hot air at you, which translate to the fact that in stop and go traffic the car never even comes close to getting comfortable inside the vehicle. According to my selling dealership this is a normal condition and nothing can be done about it. My recomendation is not to purchase this vehicle at all untill they have a fix for thier "normal" problem. Also the dealership also told me that all of the honda vehicles do this so beware!!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the terrible a/c!!

What a sweet Deal Go Honda!
By shua

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a sweet ride! It has some good horse- power to it, and is great for a first Coupe buyer. The steering it very responsive, the sun roof is great for the sunny days, and the stereo kicks when you need it to. Honda has a fantastic reputation and this is a golden example of that. The 2004 Civic Coupe EX is a great car. Go check it our for yourself!

Favorite Features

I love the sun roof and the power that the car has to offer. The dash board is pretty cool looking. I didn't realize the whole thing lights up as soon as you start the engine! Very sporty feeling inside the car

Suggested Improvements

At this point I really cant think of any. It's a great car for a first time car buyer such as myself!

Awesome car!!!
By rehan

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I thought that the Civic didn't have enough room for 6ft tall people, but boy was I surprised. It is roomy and the interior is beautiful. I love the lighted gauges. The LX comes with nice standard features. The engine is very good but is a little noisy.

Favorite Features

Gauges, roomy interior, exterior is awesome, good standard features.

Suggested Improvements

More engine power, cup holders and armrest in the back.

Love it!
By Kim G

2004 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I would like to just say that my car is awesome! I love to drive it, I save on gas, and it's so cool looking. I customized it slightly to fit my personality, but it is one of the best cars I've ever had.

Favorite Features

I love the oversized cup holders to fit those large cups and the flat floor in front on the back seats for more leg room. It also has many compartments to use, which I always have things that need storing in my car.

Suggested Improvements

Definately more horse power. It would definately make me love it that much more if it had a better pick-me-up when the gas pendle is pressed.