Used 2004 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Job Honda!
By kev1172

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, this car is everything that a budget minded consumer wants for under $15000. Small, ecomonical, and a no nonsense approach to functionality, wrapped up in a fun to drive, sporty car thats not embarrasing to drive around town in. If your looking for a car without all the frills that you dont need, but need features like a/c and cd player, this really is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Interior controls, comfort. styling. Bullet proof reliabilty..

Suggested Improvements

More color combinations, adjustable seat belt anchors. More power. Other than that, no complaints!

Better than a hybrid?
By CO Guy

2004 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Typical Honda build; tight, all controls feel right, smooth and quiet engine, snappy handling and ride. Not a sports car, but very fun to drive nonetheless. Much better power at altitude than the hybrid, particularly on extended grades. Has all the features you really need and none of the silly fluff you don't. Five speed is fun and shifts great. Highly recommended if you're thinking of a 2- door Civic, no sacrifices and amazing mileage. Why do people need more car than this??

Favorite Features

Great engine & shifting, firm but comfortable ride. Cruises wonderfully on the freeway at 75 with little wind noise. Handling on par with competitors. Haven't driven very far yet but mileage is great, over 200 miles of mixed driving on half a tank!

Suggested Improvements

Low rolling resistance Dunlop tires are noisy on stud-worn CO roads; they're rated for 51psi max and I'm running 42/38 per hybrid drivers for mileage but it doesn't change the noise. I'll probably replace them sooner than later. An instantaneous mile/gallon gauge would be a nice addi

Good 4 local travel-Not good 4 Distance
By Spenc

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great little car for local transportation-average mileage 38 mpg- suspension system needs improvement- need more options available for selection at time of purchase. Great Dealership with no nonsense sales personnel. Highly recommend Mike Pruitt Honda Dealership.

Favorite Features

See above.

Suggested Improvements

See Above

2nd Honda, no stopping in sight
By flwr6pwr9

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My first Honda was a 5speed CRX, which I bought used and owned for 12 years. Had I not had to stop driving stick shift I'd still be driving it. Unfortunately, I had to give up a lifetime of little sports cars and grinding gears, so I found the next best thing--the CIVIC EX Coupe. What a fantastic car. I still haven't used all of the bells and whistles, but when it came down to having a car with bells and whistles or a barebones Accord, I'd pick the former. I don't know that I'll ever own a car other than a Honda again!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, cruise control, cd holder under the cd player, lots of storage space, the six speaker system. You name it, I like it.

Suggested Improvements

Larger windshield wiper fluid resivoir, and an ashtray/lighter as standard not as an option.

My first car!!
By tanyakimstone

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This model Honda Civic is perfect for me... and would be for your children, too! I am seventeen and a high school senior, and the 04 civic lx fits perfectly into my athletic and busy life. !!!! i LOVE it!

Favorite Features

front end exterior design, comfortable front seats, large area for passengers (unlike some of my friends' eclipses.. cough cough... haha)

Suggested Improvements

rear exterior design (too small and weak-looking.... not stylish at all)