Used 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Gas Mileage
By MeMyselfAndI

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My husband gets over 45 MPG with this car on average, and this is with automatic transmission. The car comes with many things that are extra on other cars, such as cruise control, a CD player, and has the great safety feature of sideair bags. Highly recommend.

The great gas mileage!

None!

Great Gas Mileage!
By greenlady

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is solid. Although it doesn't have the same acceleration power as my previous vehicle, it can hold its own. I get 48mpg after 3000 miles. It runs great and is very comfortable. If you are looking for a hybrid, I highly recommend the Civic.

Great gas mileage. Seats provide good back support.

I'd like to see an outdoor thermometer reading. Leather seats would be a desireable option. More color options please.

nice little car
By kaileen13

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

excellent handing. NO mechanical problems. comfortable ride (seating). roomy back seat. good vision (except when it rains, water tends to stay on rear window). Seats are very low, 6way power-seating would be great. NO place for handbag. Beige color I chose is very hard for others to see, daytime running lights are necessary. So nice to get a $2000 tax rebate.

dash readout for m.p.g. quality road- hugging on curves pretty gas mileage

a place for my purse...daytime running lights...back windshield wiper...better intown mileage...6-way power seats in front

Everything's Great But The Radio
By MLA

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is wonderful. Around LA, I get 37-43 MPG, and no less than 35MPG in around-town driving. I have only one complaint--after years of driving Honda's main line Acura Legend, I was not expecting this Hybrid to have such a crummy sounding radio. It sounds quite "tinny". I replaced the speakers, but the radio needs to be upgraded as well. They should off er an option going in to get their better quality radio/CD player. Fix this one problem (or wait and buy the Accord Hybrid when it comes out this fall, which should have better quality equipment) and one should reach driving nirvana.

This car is all about one thing--MPG. And, it delivers superbly.

UPGRADE THAT LOUSY RADIO/CD PLAYER!@!

Hybrid Honda is terrific
By Evans,Blair

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

We thought we were going to purchase the Toyota Prius, but were not pleased with the dashboard configuration. We then decided on the Honda Civic Hybrid and are extremely pleased. We discuss each morning over who will get to drive it; the one going the most miles wins. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Mileage is terrific. Don't have to look for a gas station except once every 500 or so miles.

Key insert is hidden under the steering wheel. Could be placed with more visibility.