2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Less money on gas, obviously...Dah!!!
By Rey rey on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car sofar! I orginally got this car for my wife and she is loving it as well. She drives it more than I do, but when I get a chance I am all over it. Overall, I like the way it handles. At first, it didn't seem like it was utilizing the battery power mentioned at the dealer, but as time goes on, on refueling the mileage appears to be getting better each time. I love this car!!!

What a ball to drive!!!!
By Michael R. Northcutt on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery on 2-1-04, and i have been tickled ever since. From the moment i first drove it, i knew i wanted it. The dash lights are so neat in blue, and all is laid out so that you know what is going on with the Engine, and electric motor.I too wish it had a sun roof, but i can live without it. CVT transmision is so smooth, you don't feel anything. 500 hundred miles or so on a tank of 13.2 gallons of Reg.gas is amazing.

BUY IT!
By C and R on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Without a doubt...this is one of the best vehicles we have owned. I only wish more models were available to choose from. The mileage is great, but the surprising aspect is that id drives like any other vehicle in the city and on the Interstate. After owning a hybrid, we will not own a non-hybrid vehicle again.

My Hybrid
By Shulman on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been driving Honda Civics for 25 years. This one is the best! Superb mileage, superb handling, no need to keep track of the battery -- just enjoy it! In fact the only problem is the dashboard indicator, that's so much fun to watch that you forget to look at the road! I don't know why EVERYONE doesn't have one.

great feeling at the gas pump
By lkernish on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my hybrid, it's a great car, I downsized from a larger car and felt insecure at the beginning, but once I drove the car I felt secure in it. I highly recommend this car for its look and for the fuel economy.

BEST CAR EVER
By Andy Dandy on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It was incredible and I wouldl reccomend to it to any body that is look for a new car, this would be a good one to look at for you

Hybrid Rules!
By coolbird on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I love this car! It's sporty, saves a lot on gas, and is fun to drive. My other vehicle is a Durango so I refer to the Civic as the "Anti-Durango". I have driven the Hybrid over 15,000 miles in 10 months. I feel comfortable in this car.

Houston Hybrid
By Houston Hybrid Owner on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Using a Chevy Avalance and driving 3000 miles a month had me on a first name basis with the gas attendant. When my gas bill hit over $400.00 a month I knew I had to do something. I started by looking at the Toyota Prius but found the local dealers a challenge to deal with. Not only was the wait for a Prius about 6 months they were not willing to negotiate price or configuration of the vehicles options. That led me to the Honda Civic Hybrid. It is easier to drive than the complicated Prius. It was less expensive to buy and in stock. Its an easy car to own. It has plenty of acceleration for big city driving.Chevron misses me.

Not that good!
By Brenda Starr on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Started out at 44-45 mpg; after 5,000 gets avg.of 34.I'm disappointed. I do even mix of city & hiway. Flat out on open hiway gets 45. Low profile body is a disaster. Constant scrapes. Fenders pop out if bumped. Dealer has checked many times and tells me its my driving, and that it "has to be babied". I wish I had bought a Toyota!

CIVIC HYBRID REVIEW
By CHIDEVIL80 on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE IT, IT SAVES ME MONEY, HELPS THE ENVIRONMENT, AND IT IS AS RELIABLE AS A REGULAR CIVIC. ALSO IT ISN'T UGLY LIKE THE OTHER HYBRIDS OUT THERE!!!!