Used 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Hassle
By kflanagan

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

One thing that no one mentions about this car is that you cannot roll the back window down because you get this tunneling effect. By this I mean, the wind is going through the car and you feel like you are going through a tunnel, your ears seem stopped up, the noise is really bad. Now that I have taken it to the dealership, they tell me that if you roll down another window - it eases the noise. That is not true because I tried that already. The cup holder does not come out so it is a pain to wash. The car runs great and I love the savings on the gas - especially now that prices have gone up.

Favorite Features

Gas milage Size of car

Suggested Improvements

GET RID OF THE TUNNEL EFFECT OR GET RID OF THE WINDOWS IN THE BACK SEATING AREA. MAKE THE CUP HOLDERS REMOVABLE.

I Love it!
By jwcarter82

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought the car and I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to own the car. I traded my gas guzzling suv in and I have saved a ton of money in gas just the first month. In fact, I have driven 400 miles and have yet to fill it up! That should speak for itself. The car is fun to drive and handles really nicely. The seats are a little firm but not uncomfortable.

Superior Honda Hybrid -
By gay e cheney

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I waited for and sought out this car, wanting a hybrid and having driven Hondas for 30 years now. Not enough dealers around here carry them. Many people waiting for them. I have always had hatch backs and loved them for carrying stuff. Don't know whether or not a hatchback could get as good mileage.

Favorite Features

gas mileage (47.6), smooth and quiet, easy on environment, doesn't use gas when stopping at lights, trains, etc., cute looking, makes me proud to drive it! Has great pick up!

Suggested Improvements

Rear windshield wipers, greater range of colors.

Hybrid lives up to it's MPG expectations
By Richard34

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid has lived up to it's expectations for gas mileage. Instrumentation allows visual information to driver about inttantaneous and average MPG. Excellent mileage both in city,out in country,even in the mountains.Tows well behind motor home. MPG stays between 40- 50 MPG on all conditions with driver care to use information to adjust driving habits. Fun to drive knowing what MPG always is!!! Especially at $2.00 /gal gas. A new definition of performance for a car--economy,low pollution as well as safety and performance. It is a car I am proud to own and drive!!!

Favorite Features

EXCELLENT MPG!!!! Instrumentation to give driver information to allow better driving habits!!!

Suggested Improvements

More hybrid offerings!!!

mine
By minerick

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I been a chevy man since 73 but last year I traded my S10 blazer in for a Honda hybird civic. After 25 years of being a mech. and working on most makes and models I enjoy not having to work on my own, not only that but instead of filling up twice a week at about $30 or so for fuel now I fillup once every two weeks or so my average driving to work a day is 40 miles (one way) not only that but no tune-up till 110,000 miles and oil changs 2000 not any more now it's 5000. The ride is more comfortable than most autos the same size. the only thing I don't like is I can't tow anything with it but I'll survive

Suggested Improvements

it would be nice if I could tow a small bike trailer