2004 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A Happy Little Car
By J. T. on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in Cadillac STS for this little jewel. A Cadillac it is not, but the steering is precise and it corners beautifully and I actually prefer the Civics firm ride. Fit and finish are excellent. It's power is adequate for the mountainous terrain here and the gas mileage (always 48 mpg or better) makes you smile as you pass the gas stations.Besides that, the car is just FUN to drive. I can find no fault with the car!

great car !!
By 03 hybrid owner on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

regular Civic looks, handling, feel, comfort. Great acceleration off the stoplights. Wonderful brakes.

Honda Civic Hybrid
By Bruce Dana on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I love this car. I bought it before the recent spike in gas prices and I'm glad i did. My other vehicle was 1 2002 Dodge Dakota and with 15mpg it was impractical to use it as my every day car. This vehicle gets in the mid 40's in the winter and improves to over 50 now that the weather has warmed.

Hybrid Civic
By Geezer on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

So, a change in outlook has taken me from a 15 mpg Durango to the 51 mpg Civic. I just love this little car so far. My new job is about 60 miles away, and I'll be commuting for a couple of months. This will be a great commuter. If I drive it on the freeway at 75 mph, I seem to get about 45 mpg. At a more leisurely pace of 65 and under, it'll pull down an honest (at least according to the digital readout) 52+ mpg.

Civic hybrids
By leomo on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

i like my car

It's a great car
By LuAnnette on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

We have had our Honda Civic Hybrid since August 2002 and have not had a moment's regret about buying it. We admit to feeling a bit superior these days as we pass many high-priced gas stations without needing to stop!

Love the gas milege too!!
By B Talbot on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

WE THOUGHT THIS CAR WOULDN'T BE AS COMFORTALBE AS WE HOPED....WE WERE VERY SURPRISED WHEN WE TOOK A LONG TRIP TO CANADA IN IT. THE FIRST THING PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THE CAR IS "I LOVE THE COLOR" (SILVER BLUE) THEN WHEN THEY RIDE IN IT, THEY CAN'T BELIEVE HOW QUIET IT IS! WE HOPE THIS CAR LAST FOR MANY YEARS! WE LOVE IT!

Still love it
By dbredvik on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

After driving my Honda Hybrid for over 30,000 miles and to both coasts of the country, I still love it. Lots of pep and fun to drive. Two friends have already bought thier own after seeing and driving mine. Only draw-back is that it will need snow tires in prolonged winter driving conditions. It also was sluggish going over Vail pass, or any high, long, mountain pass.

Civic/Hybrid picture
By Glen Carroll on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, an outstanding vehicle. Love how the engine seems to come to a complete shut down at stops when the electric motor takes over. So far, the mileage has not lived up to the advertising, but certainly much better than most other cars. The trunk is a bit too small, otherwise, an excelle

Love the Hybrid--
By Justine on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love my car although it gets great gas mileage, it's not as great as I thought it would be. More leg room would be nice.