2004 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic 3rd one and happy
By Jose' on 08/31/09 21:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love the reliability of the engine, and the ride. Fuel consumption is good to great. Plenty of leg room, and stereo is nice. At this time I have 60000 miles on this Civic and hope to catch the other one I had at 210000 miles which did not burn one drop of oil. It was an older model and the timing belt broke on it, or it would still be running. The newer civics don't have that trouble because of clearance in the valves. Keep it up Honda. You're the best.

Great First Car
By WSUguy on 07/14/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought my civic a year used from friends who were moving on to a Prius. It was a great first car, everything just worked. I never had a problem outside of a flat tire. I only filled it up once or twice a month, and with its 12 gallon tank that was really amazing. It has a really fun ride and did a great job getting me through high school. My sister is now driving it, and there still is yet to be a mechanical issue!

Love my Honda
By jenleechang on 04/01/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Civic for 4 full years now and I've NEVER had any problems with it. The only time I've ever had to take it to the shop is to get an oil change. It's the most comfortable car you'll ride in - everything is designed conveniently and easy to use. I think the Civic has better mpg than a lot of hybrids. My payments were less than $200/month, and I just finished paying it off 2 months ago. It's the best car I've ever had and I plan on driving it for at least another 4-5 years.

Simply amazed!
By Fraug on 07/17/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A few years ago I would never buy a vehicle that was not an "American" automobile. When gasoline prices began rising early 2004, I was no longer as proud of my American gas-guzzling pickup truck. Though I still need it for my small ranch. Perfect for that! Anyway, the payment for my Civic was almost the same as the cost for the gasoline I was using in my truck for commuting to work. The amount I spend on gasoline now is almost the same as I was spending on my pickup 4 years ago. i am averaging 32- 35 mpg with 73,000 miles. I commute 100 miles total every day. I have had ZERO problems with my Civic!

Honda's are the best
By SCF on 05/04/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in fall of 2003 and now have only 26,000 miles on the car. Super reliable, great gas mileage, supportive and comfortable seats. What's not to love about this car? We took the car on a trip in southern Colorado on mostly secondary roads with speed limits of 55 to 65 mph and got 43 mpg! Have only had to do oil changes and had one small rattle near the dash that the dealership fixed. No other problems. This car is not a hotrod but set the cruise control at 78 on the interstate and that's where is stays. If you want a car with bank vault solid reliability, great resale value and excellent gas mileage you won't go wrong with a Civic.

Still going!!!
By Zoom Zoom on 03/20/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new, it had 24 miles on it. Now it has 75,000 miles. I have made changes to the car. All with the intent for better gas mileage. Stock I was getting 33 mpg on the interstate at 75 mph. After dual exhaust, K&N air intake, summer tires, and it's not manual (automatic trans.); I now get 51 mpg on the interstate at 75-79 mph. Seriously basically stock 1.7L with an automatic stock trans. and 89 octane pump gas, I get 50 mpg. The city drive takes a toll on the gas mileage, due to the trans., I still get anywhere from 38 to 43mpg in the city. It is definitely not a racer, but it is what I paid for. I would like to have a little more power, but saving the gas money is great.

first honda
By billy on 03/14/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Most uncomfortable car I have owned needs more comfortable seating, alloy wheels need to be standard. Anti-theft radio is a pain when you buy the car used and don't have code then you have to pay $60 to get the code from dealership. Love the dash lighting

My 2004 Honda LX
By Leahcim on 11/27/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda lives up to its reputation in that this car gets great gas mileage as well as good reliability. No major problems with my car which currently has 58000 miles on it.

Total Reliability
By JB on 09/27/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A pleasure to drive. The definition of dependablity. Fantastic gas mileage. Remember people choose to buy cars w/ poor mileage & pay out the nose. Not me. It's a quick, cute car. I drive a flawless manual. I have bought one set of new tires and change the oil regularly. No maintenance problems to speak of despite hard driving and a lot of travel.

Awesome little car!
By Eric on 01/28/07 17:52 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2002 civic LX and traded it for a 2004 Chev Malibu thinking I would appreciate the larger car with more bells and whistles. WRONG! I had the Malibu for a year and a half and here I am...back in a civic. I absolutely love Hondas and i will NEVER buy from another auto maker. People say "never say never" but I tell them to drive a Honda...you'll see!!! My only complaint is the Firestone FR690 tires that come with the car are dangerous. I changed them to Michelins and we are back in action. LOVE IT!!