2004 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
So Far 92000 Miles and 0 Problems
By fredericktoo on 04/22/09 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Civic VP new and no problems. Gas Mileage is better than advertised - I get about 42 mpg highway. Drive it 70 miles per day and has never let me down. All it needs is scheduled maint. This is the best car I have ever owned. My next car is probably going to be Honda Fit or the New Civic. This Civic won't need a tune up until 110K Miles.

Good for trips
By sjc355VT on 11/13/08 18:00 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car on trips, but I should've gotten a 5 speed! I live where we have 8% grade mountains that I sometimes have to go down in winter. Most economy cars even in automatic have a 1st gear option that you can manually put the car into. This does NOT! And the fact that there are no ABS brakes means pumping the brakes on straight-aways then hoping you don't slide across the corner off the mountain. It's scary. I love this car, but that is reason enough for me to get something with 1st gear as an option. Also on dry straight-aways I tried it in 2nd gear and it didn't stay where it should - it picked up speed! Hello!

Does the job for the least money
By GoingfromAtoBandBack on 01/07/07 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Too many people marry for looks rather than moral character, and too many people get an unreliable car with the same superficial philosophy. We couldn't be happier with our base-model Honda Civic. My car is not my identity but simply a thing to take me from A to B and back. Over the last three years, our Civic has done the job flawlessly. And we got it for the least money long- term among compact cars, except for the Corolla, which is comparable. People don't need 6 or 8 cylinders, or a car that "looks good." As drivers, we need cars that will reliably drive us on paved roads without driving up our debt or driving us crazy with repairs. The Civic builds contentment and peace in our hearts.

Nice dependable car
By Michael Ross on 01/25/06 16:23 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

We've driven this Civic in all sorts of situations, city and country, and found it very reliable and very much what we were looking for. The fuel economy is good. Our single complaint is that the rear bumper is very easily damaged, and when damaged the whole bumper cover must be replaced. It would be nice if they would make it a little more crash resistant at low speeds.

Reliable Honda
By arose on 08/20/05 17:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The Honda Civic really is the best value. I wish it had more horsepower. However, horsepower or not, in a few years it will be worth more than all other 2004's in its class.

A blessing, but a mixed one.
By BMS on 03/19/05 23:57 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is roomy and comfortable, and drives and handles well. However, there are a few bad points. The dashboard materials creak and rattle when the temp. is below about 40 (indicating poor workmanship to me). There is a slight vibration in the steering wheel ataround 68-70MPH. The car has a slight hesitation until it warms up fully, inexcusable in a fuel-injected car. And the engine is not quiet during acceleration, including a low-level high-pitched whine (though idle is smooth). The dealer says these are all "characteristics of the car" and will not "fix" them. But reliability, fuel economy, overall comfort and driveability are typical Honda. More plusses than minuses here.

The Complete Civic
By Roy Persson Jr. on 12/19/04 12:35 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I refer to my 2004 Honda Civic as the "complete civic". Whatever you are looking for in a compact vehicle the civic has it. Fuel economy? I'm saving a bundle. Interior room? I'm 6'0 230lbs and I have plenty of head, shoulder, hip room. Extras? My VP came equiped with auto transmission, CD, air, tinted windows etc. at no extra cost or hidden add on charges. In the city I slip into spaces that other vehicles have to pass up, Yet I have plenty of trunk room and fold down seats that allow me to carry Xmas trees if necessary. I have owned muscle cars ('71 SS 396 Nova) and the civic on the highway has enough pep when you need it, also, no mechanical problems at all since I've owned the Civic.

i love my honda civic!!!!!!
By civic777 on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got the car back in april, when my car was rear ended and totalled. I love it!! My son a car nut, told me to go down to the honda dealer, and after the testdrive I was sold! I like the interior alot, looks nice and has a quality look and feel. Love my color sunlight silver. I agree the lights are very bright!!

My New Civic
By TIS74 on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Wow! I absolutely LOVE it! Fun. Sporty. Affordable. Safe. Efficient. Just a great car. So glad I bought it!

First ever Brand New car
By rachael_ann1 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I did a LOT of research before deciding to buy this car. Its reputation, style and price tag won me over. I bought a VERY basic civic and have been very happy. The gas mileage is a given, its great. The sound system is really good. Trunk space is way more than you'd imagine. I get compliments on the color all the time (I bought the Fiji Blue). Its speedy when it needs to be, fun to drive and handles very well. Very smooth. Turning radius is excellent! Seats are comfortable (and I'm a big girl).