2004 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
perfect car for recent college grad
By trogdor1 on 04/30/14 10:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has everything I want. The lack of rear doors is compensated by the folding back seats. I can easily fit skis and snowboards in there. The mileage is obviously less than advertised. I get about 24/34 city/highway, while redlining it after every red light and toll booth. The goofy-looking thing has its own personality. It feels like a puppy who wants to sprint, just give it a little incentive. The shifter is easy to reach and the suspension is not too rough and hugs corners swimmingly. I have easily fit 3 people in the back, and the front bucket racing seats are amazing. No other car I have driven has the same sporty feel as this one. And i owned VW's, mercedes, ford, and acuras.

Over the average
By Tito Ferny on 11/26/04 06:20 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

in the present market of models of this segment, this car has the best of each thing. A really good car

My first stick shift
By vk2hondas on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to drive even though it's been ages since I drove one. Smooth clutch/shifter action. Quieter than the competition, feels nice and solid. Driver's seat perfect fit for me. Has right amount of power with headroom. VS. others: focus - no rear head rests, cheap plastic interior, noisy mazda3 - great, but console blocks my leg impreza wagon - felt loose, closing doors caused rattles all over, uncomfortable driver seat bottom forester X - very nice overall, too much $$$, vague stick, not sure I like hill holder vibe (AWD & FWD) - very noisy, no power in automatics mini - very nice, but dealer too far, premium gas element - drives like a truck

Most fun car we have driven in years
By Beatricec on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Honda Civic hatchback and we love it. The white dials are easy to see in daylight and and night and the clutch and shift are a delight. A winner.

hot hatch
By campos2g on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Not a bad car, no longer a top nae in the sport compact markt, needs mre power to compete with similarly priced dodge srt-4, and svt focus

Happiest car purchase ever!!!
By EPluva on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After a few months of shoping and 15 or so test drives I thought I would drive my teenage love the Civic SI. I barely got myself out of the dealer without taking it home. I wasn't in need of the car for another two months. So the research began, how well recieved was this impresive little car. Well the day finaly came I'm not easy to make happy and every time I get the chance I want to drive it. I can't imagine what else I could want from it

lemon
By gord on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 honda civic sir is the worst vehicle I ever owned. Gas guage never worked, parking brake never worked, cruise control quit, rain cutter mouldings came out, rear window washer motor and assembley had to be replaced. Gas mileage was poor. The engine ran rough cold and would cough and sputter when hot. The longer I drove it the rougher the clutch and shifting became. I put 31000 km on this car in 11 months. I dealt the car for a four door civic after a 11 months of trouble with the sir hatchback.

do I like it or don't I?
By lacoursl on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My first manual transmission in almost 4 years. I like to drive it mostly... I hate it when I'm stuck in traffic on the highway and it's stop then go up to 40 miles an hour then stop. That's a headache.

Give us a Type R
By halfspin19 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third SI and they just keep getting better. $4000 is a little pricey for the HFP package but what can you do?

blast to drive
By orean jones on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow! a blast to drive. Wonderful fuel economy but still able to reach thoughs mid 100 mph. The only real complaint that I have is that the seats are unconfortable. It is zippy but on thoughs long trips from college to home I start hurting.