2004 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
perfect car for recent college grad
By trogdor1 on 04/30/14 10:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has everything I want. The lack of rear doors is compensated by the folding back seats. I can easily fit skis and snowboards in there. The mileage is obviously less than advertised. I get about 24/34 city/highway, while redlining it after every red light and toll booth. The goofy-looking thing has its own personality. It feels like a puppy who wants to sprint, just give it a little incentive. The shifter is easy to reach and the suspension is not too rough and hugs corners swimmingly. I have easily fit 3 people in the back, and the front bucket racing seats are amazing. No other car I have driven has the same sporty feel as this one. And i owned VW's, mercedes, ford, and acuras.

The Forgotten Honda
By wavey83 on 02/11/14 08:03 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '04 SiR (Canada) with 180 000 km on it, a mechanic used to own it, so it was still in great shape, compression was A1 and took no oil. I'm now at 220 000 km and still runs awsome, very reliable little car. Didn't do much repairs on it except regular maintenance. I use it as a daily driver and do at least 180 km a day on average, it gets great mileage and hasn't let me go yet. Above all, it's a blast to drive, handles great, but in a weird kind of way: understeers a lot, but it will still manage to get around the corner very quickly. My only complaint: Needs more power, it tends to feel weak at low RPM's, but thank god, like all Hondas, it loves to rev :)

Honda Civic SI 2004
By zanoomac on 05/03/09 23:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What you should know. First the car is a blast to drive. I have driven RSXs, Mazda 3s, and Corollas. The SI is my favorite to drive. It handles well and the rally shifter helps make you feel like you are in control on your car. The SI transmission is touchy so you have to master it but when you do driving it becomes even better. Acceleration is moderate, although when you hit about 40mph then the car goes. It's roomy for a small car, people sit back there and always tell me how comfy and how much leg space is back there. Plus the seats in the back come down for when you want to transport a lot of your junk. And trust me I have done that a lot. All in all a great car almost about to hit 60000.

Bit of a tripod
By Azrael on 09/24/08 02:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2006, and have not had a single problem. I love taking it up past 5000 (and so does it). You can't give this car too much abuse. It just laps it up. Although, I agree with top gear, it is a "bit of a tripod". It handles like a dream, and accelerates like a bloody rocket! I'm averaging about 30-35 on the highway, and that's at a constant 6500 rpm! I'm pretty sure if I slowed down a bit, I could get better mileage. Nah...

Still love this car
By Delighted Traveller on 02/09/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been 3 years and 47,000 miles and I still love this car. Good acceleration, responsive. It still sings under my hands. And still gets great gas mileage (24 city/28 highway)

This a Great Little Car!
By Robert Clarke on 07/10/06 20:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Honda and so far it is the best. Fast, great seats and the shifter is perfect. 2000 miles so far and I get 33 mpg per tank. Braking is awesome and I need it because I drive it fast!

Jackson Racing supercharged SI
By Jong on 07/06/06 00:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Si has has a supercharger, headers, cold air intake and catback exhaust. It makes about 210ish HP and 150ish torque. Its have plenty of speed and a lot of fun to drive. I still maintain 20-23 local and 25-30 highway. I don't like the stock body much but it looks sharp with the HFP package

fun to drive
By robb. on 11/08/05 15:06 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. It is even more satisfying knowing that it's good on gas. I get better than rated mileage in this car. I haven't even modified it. This car is great for people who enjoy driving and who have needs beyond merely getting there. It's nice to have a spacious small car that still performs and isn't that expensive.

Civic Si
By Dan on 11/01/05 12:58 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fantastic car. Only averages 28 mpg though. Beautiful from every angle inside & out. No mechanical problems at all. Stiff ride for Detroit roads. Great in the curves. Does 125 mph with ease. Super quality materials inside. Made in Europe. Great value at $17,200. Hondas hold their value great. I'm already ahead of the depreciation curve after only 1.5 years.

2004 SI
By Parker on 08/20/05 20:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I absolutely love this car. My only major complaint is that there's occasionally excessive cabin noise from the brakes. I also wish that the gear ratio between first and second was a little closer. Aside from that, I get better than posted mileage (I average 31 mpg mixed, 34 if I'm only driving highway), the seats are extremely comfortable, the handling is close to perfect, the design is original and attractive.

1 2 3 4 5 next »