2004 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
all the car you need
By commutative on 09/24/12 21:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to score a decent used one of these with 80k miles and drove it cross country last summer; I have been enjoying it ever since. Yes, the interior is rather basic, and it's a little buzzy at highway speeds... but in every other respect, a really solid car and great value. Nimble handling, slick shifter, quite peppy with the manual transmission and VTEC engine, reasonable stereo. Also consistently gets 35-40 mpg. Hard to go wrong!

Great car
By Ashtray77 on 09/11/08 10:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new and it's been very reliable, fuel efficient, fun to drive (5 spd) and looks great too. I expect to keep it for at least another 5-6 years. I have read other reviews saying that there is a troublesome blind spot, but I haven't noticed it. Just adjust your mirrors people. google search "12 Steps to Rid Yourself of the Blindspot in Your Sideview Mirrors"

Good Civic
By Big Al on 07/06/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great ride and fun to drive! Only complaint is that the gas tank filler cover won't open! You are supposed to open it by pushing down on the lever (or button) but it doesn't open. We'll have to have that checked out.

'04 Civic EX Coupe 58K
By Shawn on 06/03/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is overall a pretty solid car. The trick with this generation Civic is to avoid the 1st two model years, and ideally the 04-05 iterations seem to be the most reliable. Interior is the typical attractive/conservative Honda mix, ditto with the outside. Performance, it's not a performance car, but for 1700 cc's and getting the gas mileage it does, it performs admirably. Fun to drive, Honda always hones in driving responses (gearbox, steering etc) which make them fun to drive, not a chore. For the enthusiast, these aren't cheap to make "fast", but they're awesome cars for suspension modification. This hugely improves the fun to drive element (at the cost of ride quality, of course).

Very good investment.
By RallyeRed on 03/24/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the vehicle for a little over a year. Out of most of my friends, I'm the only one with a fuel efficient vehicle and I see how much more money they spend of gas, I can usually fill up for about thirty dollars when it takes them sixty to seventy dollars to fill up. Anyway, it's a great car. I think the interior is designed quite well and is also comfortable. Like I said, its a very good investment, especially if you're looking for a more fuel efficient car.

Best Car I've Owned
By DJStormX on 12/11/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love the Civic. Best car I've owned so far with the exceptional gas mileage. Wish Honda could have put a bigger engine or came out with a V6 model for the EX and with a little more standard features. All in all a very great car that will probably last forever.

Great Car
By Kyle on 11/28/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I've owned. Almost no complaints. Great gas mileage, almost 35 mpg, looks greats and runs amazing. Off the line it can keep up with most 6 cylinder cars. Mine is only a 4. The tires that came with it were too soft. Needed to be replaced way too soon. Also, it's hard to see out the back when backing and there's a big blind spot when changing lanes. Not the best winter car. My gas line constantly freezes and since the car is so light, it can be very hard to keep control in snow. Suggest putting a little weight in the car for snow. Otherwise the car is great. During summer, can open sun roof and windows, and enjoy a nice drive. All in All, great car!

A thrilled owner
By Falcone on 10/28/07 07:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my EX coupe, with a spoiler and a sunroof, and alloy rims. Though recently I have had to crank it for 2-3 seconds on a cold start. But mine has 90k miles on her, and i kinda beat the hell out of her for the entire time. And I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty, so I'm not too worried. The seats are great for long trips. Large trunk for an economy car. And I'm a college student so that is important. I always tell my friends to buy a Civic. They are the only car that actually lives up to its reputation, for the better

Love It!!
By DJStormX on 06/08/07 06:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is absolutely the best car I have ever purchased and will keep it until I run it into the ground for years to come. Highly recommended due to the extremely high gas prices. You will not be disappointed!

Once you go Honda, you never go back!
By ktreilly on 01/11/07 07:26 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Honda Civic because I needed a reliable car to commute over 100 miles a day. I drove it straight for 2 and a half years with just oil changes and regular maitenance, I never even had to change a light bulb! Although a 2 door coupe, the back seat still has a lot of room. Also, the car is still heavy enough to be great in the snow. This car is practicle, fast and basically a commuter's dream.. I will never buy anything but a Honda again.

1 2 3 4 5 next »