Used 2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

all the car you need
By commutative

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to score a decent used one of these with 80k miles and drove it cross country last summer; I have been enjoying it ever since. Yes, the interior is rather basic, and it's a little buzzy at highway speeds... but in every other respect, a really solid car and great value. Nimble handling, slick shifter, quite peppy with the manual transmission and VTEC engine, reasonable stereo. Also consistently gets 35-40 mpg. Hard to go wrong!

Great car
By Ashtray77

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new and it's been very reliable, fuel efficient, fun to drive (5 spd) and looks great too. I expect to keep it for at least another 5-6 years. I have read other reviews saying that there is a troublesome blind spot, but I haven't noticed it. Just adjust your mirrors people. google search "12 Steps to Rid Yourself of the Blindspot in Your Sideview Mirrors"

Favorite Features

see above

Suggested Improvements

My only trouble so far with this car is that the driver seat rocks back and forth while driving. It is a known problem with the bushings in the height adjustment. I guess that happens when you're a big guy like me (6'-0" 250 lbs)

Good Civic
By Big Al

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great ride and fun to drive! Only complaint is that the gas tank filler cover won't open! You are supposed to open it by pushing down on the lever (or button) but it doesn't open. We'll have to have that checked out.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, 5-speed tranny, large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Easier operating, more reliable means of opening the gas tank filler cover!

'04 Civic EX Coupe 58K
By Shawn

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is overall a pretty solid car. The trick with this generation Civic is to avoid the 1st two model years, and ideally the 04-05 iterations seem to be the most reliable. Interior is the typical attractive/conservative Honda mix, ditto with the outside. Performance, it's not a performance car, but for 1700 cc's and getting the gas mileage it does, it performs admirably. Fun to drive, Honda always hones in driving responses (gearbox, steering etc) which make them fun to drive, not a chore. For the enthusiast, these aren't cheap to make "fast", but they're awesome cars for suspension modification. This hugely improves the fun to drive element (at the cost of ride quality, of course).

Favorite Features

The ability to tilt AND retract the moonroof glass is a welcome feature and is often overlooked.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk pop button on the keyless fob, it's truly maddening not having one. And something else to tack to the MSRP, EX trim on ANY model in the lineup should have steering wheel mounted audio controls, IMO.

Very good investment.
By RallyeRed

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the vehicle for a little over a year. Out of most of my friends, I'm the only one with a fuel efficient vehicle and I see how much more money they spend of gas, I can usually fill up for about thirty dollars when it takes them sixty to seventy dollars to fill up. Anyway, it's a great car. I think the interior is designed quite well and is also comfortable. Like I said, its a very good investment, especially if you're looking for a more fuel efficient car.

Favorite Features

I like the sunroof and the stereo. Comfortable seats. I love the gas mileage of course. It's pretty low maintenance. It rides really well is pretty quiet on the road.

Suggested Improvements

It would be really cool if it had stereo controls on the steering wheel like the accord. It has a blind spot causing you to have turn around and check. I'd like for it to have a little more pick up in acceleration but its not a big deal and i'd like for to have 4 wheel disc brakes.