2004 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My 04 Civic is a dream
By em7rulez on 07/09/14 23:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I remember when I wanted this car it was all i could think about. Owning a 1992 Camaro prior to this car made me appreciate the value this car offers. The civic is a VP and this model does a good job at offering great gas mileage, speed, handling, and overall quality. The previous reviews on this car is exactly right this car is the most efficient coupe you can buy today period. You can mod it to make it even better than what it is. I drive to work and I only have to fill up at least every other week and a half. I can go two weeks and 3 days without filling this car up. I purchased this car used at 65,000 miles and i have 86,000 miles and i plan to never get rid of this car.

When Honda Made Good Cars
By ravfjr on 06/06/14 13:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked this car... It was a good value for the money. The gas mileage was reasonable at 34 MPG highway. It felt solid to drive, but a bit underpowered. The interior was nice and quiet, and didn't rattle like my now 2012 Civic Coupe. I'm sorry I traded this car in...

Good ol car
By minitruckman on 11/06/12 13:32 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a civc lx with 120,000 miles on the clock in early 2011. Before recently selling it, it had 155,000 miles on her. Never had a mechanical issues. kept up with the oil changes and brakes and a new set of tires and that was it. I drove it in heavy city traffic and got 31-33 mpg consistently. 5 or 6 mpg more than epa says. Overall, a great commuter car. This car is not comfortable for long 2 1/2 hr. drives, but going 400+ miles on less than 3/4 of a tank of fuel with speeds adveraging between 75-90 mph i couldnt complain!

all the car you need
By commutative on 09/24/12 21:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to score a decent used one of these with 80k miles and drove it cross country last summer; I have been enjoying it ever since. Yes, the interior is rather basic, and it's a little buzzy at highway speeds... but in every other respect, a really solid car and great value. Nimble handling, slick shifter, quite peppy with the manual transmission and VTEC engine, reasonable stereo. Also consistently gets 35-40 mpg. Hard to go wrong!

Ownage!
By Angry Gook on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot. Lots of modifications done to it. If your settings are right, this car can overtake idiots on the roads around corners. I had modified the suspension to give it superior handling, way better than stock, readjust the throttle cable, replace the intake and headers to give it a more smooth flow, lighten it, added kits for aerodynamic stability at high speeds and this is no stock vehicle. With all of my experimentation had me driving just about 470 miles with half a gallon of gas left in the tank. Less weight = quicker acceleration = less fuel usage.

I Love My Car
By KonaSH on 04/14/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 4 years now, and I've only put on a little over 20,000 miles. I have never had an issue with breakdowns or any kind of system failures. This car is extremely reliable, the only thing that would ruin its quality is a bad driver! Everything about this car works, has always worked, and the interior design is extremely practical.This is not meant to be a high-end luxury car, however for a low-priced car, the quality is absolutely fantastic.

Good little car
By Gus in NC on 02/28/10 09:24 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used just for driving back and forth to work. The ride is so good, however, that my wife and I have also driven it on several trips. The ride on the highway is really good, and the mileage is excellent, 40 to 41 mpg cruising at 70 mph, with plenty of power left over. It also has lots of luggage space in back. Driving back and forth to work, I get 35 to 38 mpg. While this is not a race car(it wasn't designed to be one), it has plenty of power for everyday driving, and can keep up with everybody else, including on the interstate. It also is a nice quiet ride at any speed, and is sure footed, both on dry roads or snow.

zoom
By tivo on 02/14/10 11:08 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've the manual 5-spd, v. different driving- functioning than the automatic. Like a racing car. The control is magnificent, zip-zip here, there, everywhere - zoom, juice to spare, just downshift. Driving is easy, shifting smooth, cruise control great luxury. Can't imagine what more expensive autos are like! This athletic lean machine is for the tight human athletic lean machine who travels light, Slim. Extra poundage - not.

I. LOVE. THIS. CAR.
By teajai on 02/05/10 22:12 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Prior to my Civic Coupe EX, I owned two Accords and two CR-V's. I got a little tired of all the money I was putting out in gas and on a whim I purchased my current 2004 Civic Coupe EX and began my journey. This is an excellent car! I was really scared when I was faced with driving it in the snow after being in a CR-V for 11 years...but the car is amazing. She plows through anything and climbs hills that have left other cars in the ditch. I've owned this car for just shy of 2 years now and I love it more and more each day. I get an average of 36-38 mpg--no matter the driving conditions. I can't praise this car enough. Get yourself one and begin your own inexpensively reliable journey!

Very Reliable and Fun to Drive!
By RR1RR on 09/13/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004, and it is probably the best car I have owned to date. It has been very reliable, as I have only done the usual routine maintenance (wipers, tires, oil changes, etc). I got the VP package with manual locks and crank windows (less to go wrong- not that it probably would). The 5 speed trans. makes it fun to drive. Power seems on par or better than other 4 cyl. economy-minded models. Buying price was maybe a tad higher than some competing models, but the lack of repair costs and the great fuel economy have long since justified the price! MPG of 35-42 is about the usual for me. I do tilt the seat back a bit, as I'm 6'5" and 250 lbs. Great car though!