Used 2004 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My 04 Civic is a dream
By em7rulez

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I remember when I wanted this car it was all i could think about. Owning a 1992 Camaro prior to this car made me appreciate the value this car offers. The civic is a VP and this model does a good job at offering great gas mileage, speed, handling, and overall quality. The previous reviews on this car is exactly right this car is the most efficient coupe you can buy today period. You can mod it to make it even better than what it is. I drive to work and I only have to fill up at least every other week and a half. I can go two weeks and 3 days without filling this car up. I purchased this car used at 65,000 miles and i have 86,000 miles and i plan to never get rid of this car.

The seats could be better that is my only problem with this car. They really are not meant for more than 2 hours of driving.

When Honda Made Good Cars
By ravfjr

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked this car... It was a good value for the money. The gas mileage was reasonable at 34 MPG highway. It felt solid to drive, but a bit underpowered. The interior was nice and quiet, and didn't rattle like my now 2012 Civic Coupe. I'm sorry I traded this car in...

Wonderful value for the money... Reliable and easy to drive. Instrument cluster was well designed and the stereo was nice for an OEM unit.

More comfortable seats, easier shifting on the 5-speed and a bit more power would have been nice.

Good ol car
By minitruckman

2004 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a civc lx with 120,000 miles on the clock in early 2011. Before recently selling it, it had 155,000 miles on her. Never had a mechanical issues. kept up with the oil changes and brakes and a new set of tires and that was it. I drove it in heavy city traffic and got 31-33 mpg consistently. 5 or 6 mpg more than epa says. Overall, a great commuter car. This car is not comfortable for long 2 1/2 hr. drives, but going 400+ miles on less than 3/4 of a tank of fuel with speeds adveraging between 75-90 mph i couldnt complain!

mpg

seats!

all the car you need
By commutative

2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to score a decent used one of these with 80k miles and drove it cross country last summer; I have been enjoying it ever since. Yes, the interior is rather basic, and it's a little buzzy at highway speeds... but in every other respect, a really solid car and great value. Nimble handling, slick shifter, quite peppy with the manual transmission and VTEC engine, reasonable stereo. Also consistently gets 35-40 mpg. Hard to go wrong!

Ownage!
By Angry Gook

2004 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot. Lots of modifications done to it. If your settings are right, this car can overtake idiots on the roads around corners. I had modified the suspension to give it superior handling, way better than stock, readjust the throttle cable, replace the intake and headers to give it a more smooth flow, lighten it, added kits for aerodynamic stability at high speeds and this is no stock vehicle. With all of my experimentation had me driving just about 470 miles with half a gallon of gas left in the tank. Less weight = quicker acceleration = less fuel usage.

The stock handling was nice and so was the acceleration but stock bad anyways.

K20A implant unlike our K20A3 in our SI models. The K20A puts out 220 ponies stock while the SI only puts out 160. Plus, the K20A comes with a 6 spd tranny with limited slip differential.