Used 2004 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

When Honda Made Good Cars
By ravfjr

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked this car... It was a good value for the money. The gas mileage was reasonable at 34 MPG highway. It felt solid to drive, but a bit underpowered. The interior was nice and quiet, and didn't rattle like my now 2012 Civic Coupe. I'm sorry I traded this car in...

Favorite Features

Wonderful value for the money... Reliable and easy to drive. Instrument cluster was well designed and the stereo was nice for an OEM unit.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, easier shifting on the 5-speed and a bit more power would have been nice.

zoom
By tivo

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've the manual 5-spd, v. different driving- functioning than the automatic. Like a racing car. The control is magnificent, zip-zip here, there, everywhere - zoom, juice to spare, just downshift. Driving is easy, shifting smooth, cruise control great luxury. Can't imagine what more expensive autos are like! This athletic lean machine is for the tight human athletic lean machine who travels light, Slim. Extra poundage - not.

Favorite Features

Heat-cooling v. efficient, lots of interior control for comfort. Parks in a thimble. Inconspicuous, rather unnoticed, good for the humble ego - quality vehicle operation the unseen gift of spiritual maturity.

Suggested Improvements

Some added cool stuff for the interior. Variable wiper spd; squeals. Ignition key entry more accessible, larger? More road noise insulation.

Da Coupe
By JT

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car from Honda. I have owned two civic coupes and both have been great. The coupe I have now is manual, and suggest folks to get the manual if you like stick and sporty fun. Gas mileage is great also. Overall, a great car for any age. Performance and economy all in one.

Favorite Features

I love how it looks. The 1.7L and manual 5spd are a perfect match

Suggested Improvements

-shorter throw stick. -blind spot mirrors -lower the car a little to take advantage of the splitter and aero.

The Perfect commuter car
By qualityfirst1

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought ours with a 5 speed manual to get the most out of the engine. I rate the performance as a 10, because it does exactly what we bought the car for - a commuter car. Quality is exceptional - flawless. No rattles and we're at 49K mi. I put tinted windows and 17" chrome wheels on her and it improved the look. Gas mileage is great. Put the key in and she wants to go. Easy to drive. Reliable. Well engineered. About as close to perfection as you can get.

Favorite Features

RELIABLE. Make that Rock Solid Reliability. Low cost of ownership. Easy to maintain. Quality throughout. Ergonomics are excellent. Great materials. Fit and finish are precise. I expect to get over 200,000 trouble free miles from her. Lots of amenities for a great price and incredible resale

Suggested Improvements

Hmmmm. How can you improve on perfection?

william
By william

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. I sold New and Used vehicles for 8 years and this Honda Civic LX Coupe is the best Value. In all categories-ride, gas mileage and performance - this car is the "Best I Have Ever Owned".

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage

Suggested Improvements

Keep This One In Your Line-up!!!!