Used 2004 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civic 3rd one and happy
By Jose'

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love the reliability of the engine, and the ride. Fuel consumption is good to great. Plenty of leg room, and stereo is nice. At this time I have 60000 miles on this Civic and hope to catch the other one I had at 210000 miles which did not burn one drop of oil. It was an older model and the timing belt broke on it, or it would still be running. The newer civics don't have that trouble because of clearance in the valves. Keep it up Honda. You're the best.

Gas mileage, comfort, reliability, resell value.

Side air bags on all models, and Anti lock brakes also.

Great First Car
By WSUguy

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We bought my civic a year used from friends who were moving on to a Prius. It was a great first car, everything just worked. I never had a problem outside of a flat tire. I only filled it up once or twice a month, and with its 12 gallon tank that was really amazing. It has a really fun ride and did a great job getting me through high school. My sister is now driving it, and there still is yet to be a mechanical issue!

Steering Wheel- It sounds weird, but I have never found a car with a more comfortable steering wheel. Also for an economy car the sound system is remarkable.

Road noise can be loud when you get on the highway, though it is far from the worst you'll find.

Love my Honda
By jenleechang

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Civic for 4 full years now and I've NEVER had any problems with it. The only time I've ever had to take it to the shop is to get an oil change. It's the most comfortable car you'll ride in - everything is designed conveniently and easy to use. I think the Civic has better mpg than a lot of hybrids. My payments were less than $200/month, and I just finished paying it off 2 months ago. It's the best car I've ever had and I plan on driving it for at least another 4-5 years.

I love the dashboard colors. Considering the size of the car, the trunk space is really big and there is a lot of leg room in the front and back seats.

Simply amazed!
By Fraug

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A few years ago I would never buy a vehicle that was not an "American" automobile. When gasoline prices began rising early 2004, I was no longer as proud of my American gas-guzzling pickup truck. Though I still need it for my small ranch. Perfect for that! Anyway, the payment for my Civic was almost the same as the cost for the gasoline I was using in my truck for commuting to work. The amount I spend on gasoline now is almost the same as I was spending on my pickup 4 years ago. i am averaging 32- 35 mpg with 73,000 miles. I commute 100 miles total every day. I have had ZERO problems with my Civic!

Gasoline mileage.

Standard anti-lock brakes. Keyless trunk opener button on fob. More available popular factory options.

Honda's are the best
By SCF

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in fall of 2003 and now have only 26,000 miles on the car. Super reliable, great gas mileage, supportive and comfortable seats. What's not to love about this car? We took the car on a trip in southern Colorado on mostly secondary roads with speed limits of 55 to 65 mph and got 43 mpg! Have only had to do oil changes and had one small rattle near the dash that the dealership fixed. No other problems. This car is not a hotrod but set the cruise control at 78 on the interstate and that's where is stays. If you want a car with bank vault solid reliability, great resale value and excellent gas mileage you won't go wrong with a Civic.

Honda reliability, goes great in the snow

Cup holders for back seat