2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My 04 Civic is a dream
By em7rulez on 07/09/14 23:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Value Package 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I remember when I wanted this car it was all i could think about. Owning a 1992 Camaro prior to this car made me appreciate the value this car offers. The civic is a VP and this model does a good job at offering great gas mileage, speed, handling, and overall quality. The previous reviews on this car is exactly right this car is the most efficient coupe you can buy today period. You can mod it to make it even better than what it is. I drive to work and I only have to fill up at least every other week and a half. I can go two weeks and 3 days without filling this car up. I purchased this car used at 65,000 miles and i have 86,000 miles and i plan to never get rid of this car.

When Honda Made Good Cars
By ravfjr on 06/06/14 13:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked this car... It was a good value for the money. The gas mileage was reasonable at 34 MPG highway. It felt solid to drive, but a bit underpowered. The interior was nice and quiet, and didn't rattle like my now 2012 Civic Coupe. I'm sorry I traded this car in...

perfect car for recent college grad
By trogdor1 on 04/30/14 10:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has everything I want. The lack of rear doors is compensated by the folding back seats. I can easily fit skis and snowboards in there. The mileage is obviously less than advertised. I get about 24/34 city/highway, while redlining it after every red light and toll booth. The goofy-looking thing has its own personality. It feels like a puppy who wants to sprint, just give it a little incentive. The shifter is easy to reach and the suspension is not too rough and hugs corners swimmingly. I have easily fit 3 people in the back, and the front bucket racing seats are amazing. No other car I have driven has the same sporty feel as this one. And i owned VW's, mercedes, ford, and acuras.

The Forgotten Honda
By wavey83 on 02/11/14 08:03 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '04 SiR (Canada) with 180 000 km on it, a mechanic used to own it, so it was still in great shape, compression was A1 and took no oil. I'm now at 220 000 km and still runs awsome, very reliable little car. Didn't do much repairs on it except regular maintenance. I use it as a daily driver and do at least 180 km a day on average, it gets great mileage and hasn't let me go yet. Above all, it's a blast to drive, handles great, but in a weird kind of way: understeers a lot, but it will still manage to get around the corner very quickly. My only complaint: Needs more power, it tends to feel weak at low RPM's, but thank god, like all Hondas, it loves to rev :)

cvt transmission not worth the savings
By virginia3881 on 02/08/13 09:36 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had 2 civic hybrids. while the gas mileage is good the fact that BOTH of the hybrids transmissions are trash. and to buy a remanufacture one is not an option. No one wants to do the work I have scoured the country for remanufactured cvt transmission for either with no luck and the savings in gas mileage is not worth the trouble I have now. so think before you buy a vehicle with a cvt transmissionl.

Good ol car
By minitruckman on 11/06/12 13:32 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a civc lx with 120,000 miles on the clock in early 2011. Before recently selling it, it had 155,000 miles on her. Never had a mechanical issues. kept up with the oil changes and brakes and a new set of tires and that was it. I drove it in heavy city traffic and got 31-33 mpg consistently. 5 or 6 mpg more than epa says. Overall, a great commuter car. This car is not comfortable for long 2 1/2 hr. drives, but going 400+ miles on less than 3/4 of a tank of fuel with speeds adveraging between 75-90 mph i couldnt complain!

Nice Nice base Honda!!!
By honda_man3 on 09/25/12 04:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Hello, Well I stopped in and peaked at a 2004 honda civic dx sedan I saw on a local website, they had me test drive it suprised me a ton! then they gave me 2500 dollars for my 1996 grand am gt with 62k on it. so bam i got this little economical safe fuel efficient, car that i can customize lightly and cheaply!!!

all the car you need
By commutative on 09/24/12 21:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to score a decent used one of these with 80k miles and drove it cross country last summer; I have been enjoying it ever since. Yes, the interior is rather basic, and it's a little buzzy at highway speeds... but in every other respect, a really solid car and great value. Nimble handling, slick shifter, quite peppy with the manual transmission and VTEC engine, reasonable stereo. Also consistently gets 35-40 mpg. Hard to go wrong!

Best Car Ever!
By wrogers3087 on 09/14/11 07:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 with 30,000 miles on it. I did not get a carfax and after I bought it, I found out that it had been in a front ender. I now have over 140,000 miles on it, and it has been through ONE set of brakes, and TWO sets of tires. Nothing else, ever. I have not been very kind to this car. I forget to get oil changes, and I have wrecked it six times. You cannot kill this car if you tried. I am finally buying a new car for better looks, but I am passing this car on to another family member who can easily get another 100,000 miles out of it. BEST CAR EVER!

More comfort than a box of rocks!
By moitz on 01/27/11 13:12 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Well, it's been 5 years since I purchased this car used, with 32k on the clock. It now has 145k on it, and I'm expecting to own it another 3 years and 60k. So that right there should tell you something about it. This gen of Civic is, quite simply put, the ideal commuter and city car. The engine is reasonably smooth and peppy. Very low road noise with Goodyear Affinity Triple-treads. Steering is nicely weighted for city driving. Ride quality is sportier than it's American counterparts, and build quailty is far and above the class leader. 5 adults will fit if needed. Sunroof and power gizmos abound. Repairs are infrequent and cheap. 36 highway, 30 city. How can you go wrong?