2003 Honda Civic 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - What a great car!

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

What a great car!
By MrWright on

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Maybe I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I love this car! I can't say enough good things about my civic hybrid. The styling is very attractive, it is loaded with many standard features that would have been options in other cars, ie. all power windows, locks, cruise, power steering and brakes, a cd player, even floor mats! The MPG is phenominal. I average 47 MPG on my daily 90 mile commute to San Francisco (over the Altimont Pass!) Had my first oil change and found out that it costs more for hybrids--even at the dealership--because of "special oil" and a little extra labor time. It was only a few bucks more, which I save on gas anyway.

Favorite Features

I love the blue dash IMA display. All the chrome was a nice touch, too. Oh yes, and the great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Add a sunroof as an option. When the automatic idle stop kicks in at stop lights, it would be nice if the fan would keep blowing even if the A/C cuts off. It is possibe to manually override the climate control, though.