Still love my Civ
By Zigger1962 on
2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)
Bought new in July 2003, have put 110k miles on in the last 7 years. Perfect little car for a guy like me looking for a reliable economical commuter. 36- 38 mpg on 50 mile round trip commute. 2- 3 times a year I travel to Tennessee and I always get 41-43 mpg on the trip, traveling 75-80 mph. That makes me happy, has been fairly trouble- free. Shop been saying for the last 3- 4 years that the front struts need to be replaced, but way too expensive, letting it go for now. Had to have the thermal protector for the a/c compressor replaced, wasn't too expensive. Front brakes done last year, rear brakes still pass inspection. Due for the 110k timing belt replace ($$$) : ( but overall a great car!
Favorite Features
Excellent gas mileage, overall reliability, good in Northeast snow. Great trunk space (my wife used to take my car shopping instead of the '02 Voyager we had !)
Suggested Improvements
Never cared for the Grade Logic aspect of the tranny, will not upshift to high when going uphill, even when traveling fast enough that the engine power would pull it. Annoying when accelerating to 55+ up a long hill and it stays in 4th with RPM up over 3400 for no reason. Upshift already! sheesh!