2003 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Solid Vehicle

2003 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

Solid Vehicle
By David W. on

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've always had Honda type cars and they all have a certain Honda feel to them. Solid if not spectacular and pretty rock solid if one doesn't "dog" the vehicle. Beautiful styling, fuel economy and hopefully, long term reliability. The car sits a bit higher than I was used to on the Integra but am slowly acclimating, doesn't accelerate as quick or handle as well as the Integra but hey, thats the trade off for a more fuel efficient, comfortable car. As a constant commuter who gets bogged in traffic as I do, this is a great car. For the open road, race car enthusiast, there are better choices.

I love the 15" alloys and the 6 speaker system is great only after I swapped out the stock radio for an aftermarket pioneer. The intstrument panel is beautiful at night as well!

I don'l like the rear headrests as it blocks rearward vision for me (and I'm a 6 footer too!). OEM Firestone FR690 tires are horrible, they slide in dry and wet normal conditions! Add the chrome exhaust tip ($20) and it looks so much more refined and sporty!