165,000 mile review
By abigcess on
2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
i purchased it new back in '03. i now have a little over 175,000 miles on it. it's been the most dependable car. i still drive it hard... dirt roads, 120 degree heat, 1200 mile trips in 8 yrs. few yrs ago, i was rear-ended on the freeway resulting in some extensive damage, but still runs strong despite virtually no maintenance work on it.. so far, I've changed brake pads once, spark plugs once, air filter twice, and last few times, I've gone over 9000 miles between oil changes. haven't done any tune ups, alignment, radiator flushes, or clutch work done yet. I'm averaging 32-34 miles with 70/30 city/freeway driving.
Favorite Features
rock solid reliability, low ownership cost, requires minimal scheduled maintenance, nimble handling, comfy enough to sit for 8hrs trips, mpg,
Suggested Improvements
the original cd player eats up cds, the ac/heat fan located under the glove box went out around 120,000miles, but miraculously working again after repluggin, noisy clutch since 23,000 miles, but still working fine, interior plastics faded after Febreeze spray,and my head touches the ceiling I'm 5'10"