My best car yet...
By Piet on
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Having put 12,000 miles on my Honda Civic Hybrid CVT over the last 15 months, I can say I like it better than the 3 Audis and 4 Mercedes-Benz, bought new, that I had previously owned. (I traded in a late model M-B on the Civic.) Unfortunately, the Hybrid did not come with a moonroof, so I had a top-of-the-line ASC moonroof installed as part of the purchase order. (ASC is the supplier for the moonroofs that are installed at the Honda factories in Ohio.) This is one great car, as near to being environmentally sound as one could hope for at this stage of our technology.
Favorite Features
Silent start, autostop, smooth CVT, superb steering and handling, lots of low-rpm torque, easy to park, gas mileage in the range of 48 to 55 mpg, lots of leg room and headroom for my 6'4" frame, very comfortable seating.
Suggested Improvements
Offer the car with a moonroof; replace the glossy plate around the shift lever, which reflects sunlight into one's eyes, with a gray matt-finish plate; place a switch on the right front door for locking/unlocking all 4 doors; make the spoiler an option.