Love my EP3
By tomjaaahallo on
2003 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Si in may 2012 with 140k and now it has 154k. This was the first car I've bought with my own money, and I am extremely satisfied. The 2.0L 4 has just enough hp to have fun but still is capable over over 30 mpg highway. The shifter is very easy to use and the handling is very responsive. Most of all, this car is extremely reliable. I have only needed brakes put on the car after purchasing, other than that no problems have surfaced. The best way to sum up this car is deceptively quick, deceptively room y (especially the rear seat), and deceptively reliable. I will definitely look at another Si when the time to get a new car comes, but for now I am extremely happy with my '03!
Favorite Features
Exterior styling is unique, not many are seen around. Engine is very smooth and responsive above 3,000 rpm. Shifter on the dash makes for quick gear changes. Handling is not razor sharp but still very agile. Gas mileage is superb for a sport compact.
Suggested Improvements
A 6th gear in the transmission would've been a nice touch, since 65mph on the highway has the engine at 3,500 rpm. Also, a higher redline (like on a EP3 Type-R) with a different VTEC set-up would make the car more aggressive. This particular Civic engages iVTEC at only 2,200 RPM so there is no typical VTEC "shove" at 5 or 6k, but the engine's torque makes up for it.