Lexus LS 400 to Honda Civic Hybrid
By maui902 on
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I needed to replace my 1991 LS400 and became interested in the hybrid when fuel prices spiked. Although definitely not a Lexus, I have been very satisfied with my purchase. Car is roomy and performs better than one would expect. It's also true that the Civic Hybrid's battery guages will change your driving behavior. I'm convinced the same gauge in regular gas powered cars would significantly reduce gas consumption. I'm also impressed by very good balance between luxury/convenience features and environmentally friendly technology. And I wish I had a dollar for everyone who asks, "But where do you plug it in?"
Favorite Features
Battery gauge/IMA electronic assist technology; cool-looking upgraded interior for an economy car; balance between luxury/convenience features and environmental friendly technology (technology is cutting edge, but it looks and performs like a compact, near luxury car);
Suggested Improvements
Nicer wheels (I added other rims and it made car look much nicer, although the new rims added weight, which is why things like a sun/moonroof are not offered); Work harder to obtain HOV eligibility for hybrids