2003 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Hybrid - A Great Car

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

Hybrid - A Great Car
By emcclend on

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car sales are slow, the buyer can make incredible deals. Edmunds TMV is the sticker price. I purchased this car for about $1700 less than sticker. I got price quotes from 4 dealers in the DFW area (there are @30 dealers in this area). After visiting each of the four dealerships, I sent an email out with the best offers to all 4. Within hours of the email, I got competitive responses from 3 of the dealers. The 4th dealer did not even try to compete and would only go as "low" as the sticker price. It has plenty of power and rides great on the interstate. I drive 50 miles one way to work and the car rides smoothly, and has great visibility.

The turning off of the gasoline engine at stop signs, traffic lights and stop and go traffic. I am frequently caught in stand still traffic and it is very comforting to know I am not wasting gas during those stops.

The trip meters are not accurate on estimating gas mileage. A 44 mpg estimate = 41 mpg in reality. A 47 mpg estimate = 42.6 mpg. This is really something which might be impossible to fix.