2003 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Heavenly Hybrid

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Heavenly Hybrid
By Kim on

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I bought this car, primarily for the "Green Factor," but I have been amazed how reliable it has been. Even now, I still get about 50 MPG on the highway, and I will never commute in anything else. Here in Virginia, hybrids bought before 2006 are allowed on the HOV lanes, which is an extra bonus. I will be driving this car until it will no longer run, which seems likely to be many years from now. Aside from a rattle in the dash that comes and goes, this car is quiet, smooth, and makes me feel a little like a race car driver with its quick shift 5-speed manual transmission. I love this car!

High gas mileage (I always feel like I am sticking it to OPEC every time I drive it). Gorgeous silver-blue paint. Great handling and roomy interior. Huge trunk for such a small vehicle. Four doors are oh, so convenient. Comfortable seats. Great sound and air conditioning and heater.

Lacks pick up in the mountains. Intermittent rattle in the dash is annoying.