93,000 miles and counting
By UncleTurbo on
2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
Bought my Civic new with the intention of keeping it until either it goes or I go whichever comes first. I was just short of 55 at the time and in very good health so I wanted a car with staying power, that was sporty, fun, and economical. So far, perfect choice. The Civic delivers super gas mpg, I get over 40 mpg on expressway trips and always over 30 mpg, and generally average 35 mpg. No repair issues; one strut replaced under warranty ages ago, front brakes at 75K miles, and otherwise regular maint. Handles great, VTec motors hits with more power above 3,500 rpm, a budget sports car. It can take 4 people anywhere in comfort with their luggage. Just a practical and enjoyable car.
Favorite Features
It has a big trunk for a small car, seats are comfy. Shifter has good positive feel with tight sporty throw to next gear. Good paint that still shines, easy to clean interior, rear folding seats come in handy. Good room for rear seat passengers. Bullet proof reliability. Very few repairs.
Suggested Improvements
Better sound deadening from road noise, make sure to select tires that are "quiet". Original tires were lousy and lasted only 23K miles. Michelin replacements just now worn out after 70K miles. A six speed trans with another higher overdrive gear for better highway mpg and lower rpm at 70 mph.