2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews 8

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2003 Hybrid review
By fidlcat on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

. I commute about 70 miles daily - mostly on "country roads" averaging about 50 -55 mph with, with only 5-10 of these miles being "city" driving. I am very pleased with this car. I average approximately 50 mpg and have not had any mechanical problems. I enjoying seeing how far I enjoy trying to beat my last mpg and am hoping to get the 600 mile tank as some other owners have reported being able to do. Thus far, I can get about 500 - 550 per tank. In spite of a few issues I have listed in the "suggested improvements" section, I am extremely pleased with this car and would buy another.

My best car yet...
By Piet on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having put 12,000 miles on my Honda Civic Hybrid CVT over the last 15 months, I can say I like it better than the 3 Audis and 4 Mercedes-Benz, bought new, that I had previously owned. (I traded in a late model M-B on the Civic.) Unfortunately, the Hybrid did not come with a moonroof, so I had a top-of-the-line ASC moonroof installed as part of the purchase order. (ASC is the supplier for the moonroofs that are installed at the Honda factories in Ohio.) This is one great car, as near to being environmentally sound as one could hope for at this stage of our technology.

30000 miles in 9 months
By 30K already on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had it for just 9 months, over 30K miles, NO problems - FANTASTIC mileage - strongly recommend!

more fun than a gas pump
By jcpaciera on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great mmileage, all instruments are in the right place cept for one. the gear shift can go into a low gear when you don't want it to and the site of the reading on shift lever is the only hard thing to find in the car. having no sound at stop lights is great. my oil plug came out while doing 55 mph and all went well.it shut down and wouldn't restart. i luv it.

got it
By got it on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

honda did it again!great car needs very little improvement.antilock and rear disc brakes.GO GET IT

Honda Civic 2003
By Kristi7777 on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It drives like a dream. It steers well and never had a problem except for my steering fluid was lecking.

great car
By friend on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. It is fun to drive. This is my third Honda and by far the best. I would recommend this car to anyone.

My beloved 1980 Mercedes 240D kaput
By Ronald M. Burkhart on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Although it is very difficult to find a Insight with manual transmission, I was lucky to have located one on the islands. It is simply a technological marvel, and great fun to drive.

Snow and Cold no problem
By jeffme on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Fantastic fuel economy even with winter treads and subzero temperatures (44-48 mpg winter / 46-55 mpg summer). No problem with battery pack or vehicle starting on several winter mornings with temperature at -30 deg F. Handles hilly, snow covered dirt road driving very well and is easy to control in slippery conditions. A very substantial, fun and sensible car to drive!!!

simply amazing
By Pacobird on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What a great car, you don't sacrafice anything only gain. I get 49.5 miles to the gallon highway and 42.3 city.