Used 2003 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Wonderful Car
By scarhill

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Honda EX Coupe in Feb 2003. Had it on a lease for three years and 40,000 miles. Never the slightest problem with the vehicle. Decided not to purchase as I have two other newer vehicles, one a Honda and one a Toyota, and I no longer need a third vehicle. I have had my share of American nameplates over the years. Most of which I didn't want after a couple of years. On the other hand, it was a sad day when I turned in my Civic. Based on my experience with the 2003 Civic, I will, without a doubt, point my daughters to a Civic when the time comes for them to buy a vehicle.

Fuel economy and reliability.

Nothing of significance. Would be nice to have a remote hood release and steering wheel audio controls.

Great Car
By HondaCiv

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used, to replace my '97 Accord. I really like this car. it has about 25k miles on without even the hint of a problem. Ironically enough I was rear ended (correction- Plowed through) 4 days after I bought the car. I was rear ended at about 30 mph by a brand new Chevy Malibu. Her car was totalled. Mine had 7k worth of damage. I am very impressed at how well my Civic stood up in that accident for being such a small car. Anyways, it took them about 3 weeks to fix my car and its as good as new. If your looking for a semi-inexpensive car that has very low operating cost, high reliability and is also fun then go with a Civic. You just can't go wrong with a Honda

Gas mileage. Fun to drive, very "sturdy" low operating costs

A little more horses, but the new ones have 140, so i guess honda got the message.

Awesome
By susanne

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I drove this for the first time and just had the time of my life. Yes it is a 4 cyl however it is extremely peepy and great gas mileage. I fill up 1 a week and I drive 25 miles one way to work and it is the primary car that my husband and I drive for errands. It could easily be souped up and there are so many things you can do to this car to make it look better. So all in all it is a great car.

The interior is nice and comfortable and it has a sleek exterior. So that and the gas mileage and the amount of fun I have driving it. The entire car is awesome!

Have a wing standard. and that is about it!

The best car I have ever owned.
By RoadWarrior

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I decided that enough with the poor reliability and poor service I got with a domestic car, I decided I want some peace and comfort. And the Honda delivers. High quality build, very good looks, fuel economy that is second to none( I average anywhere from 30 mpg to over 40 mpg, just depends on how heavy my right foot is), excellent handling, and an interior that was designed right. Very fun to drive. And when I went for service, the dealer treated me the right way. No more domestics..they have lost me forever!

Fuel economy...30 mpg to over 40 mpg, can't complain about that. Build quality....everything fits together with no mistakes. Seats are great, love the rest of the interior, and the shifter is so easy to use and goes into each gear with precision. Very quiet, solid, and excellent handling.

Stereo could be more powerful...but it still sounds great. A little bit more low end torque would be good, but overall it is a great performer.

Good Car for Morning Drive
By Scott Rines

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This Civic has been a great little vehicle for my morning, and afternoon, drive to work. The fuel economy is excellent, mid to high 30s. The vehicle has been very reliable, has required no maintenance other then routine and no repairs. I live in Houston and I chuckle every time I drive past a huge SUV or truck at a gas station. I drive 26 miles to work each morning and another 26 home each afternoon. I fill up each Monday, for 8-9 gallons.

Gas mileage and reliability. The vehicle is so easy to drive and park around town.

I really don't have many. The seats could be a bit more comfortable. The styling is a bit drab, but I don't care with the money I save on gasoline. Original tires are not so great.