Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very nice econo ride
By Willie T

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this auto when gas prices started rising sharply. My other 3 cars have V-8s, so I needed a daily driver that was economical and reliable. It took a while to adjust to the 4 cyl. and how light this car was. No secret these are compromise for the gas mileage. I adjusted quickly when I could fill the tank with 10 gallons and drive 300 to 370 miles. The best mileage I got was 37 MPG running 80 MPH on interstate and worst was 30 MPG locally. I also installed a set of Eibach sway bars that were well worth the cost. Over the past year and a half I have become attached to my little Honda. The seats are a little rough for long rides and it is a bit noisy but remember this is a econo car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Honda reliability

Suggested Improvements

Better support from the front seats, better radio/CD player

Great Car
By RhinoKing

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've owned. Honda continues to produce outstanding vehicles. So far I have only done regularly scheduled maintenance on this car. It's fun to drive and great on gas. I will definitely buy another Honda but it maybe a long long time before that happens since this car will probably last me a very long time.

Favorite Features

Style, reliability, low cost of ownership, great gas mileage, hassle- free maintenance, etc, etc...

Suggested Improvements

I wish Honda would come out with Civic Coupe hybrid.

Very happy with the Honda
By bmondoman

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive with the stick shift. I drive 65 to 70 mph hwy & get 34 to 36mpg-70% hwy. Door lock froze & broke. Noisy bushings in front steering when parking-too expensive to replace. 1st set of tires wore away in 10 to 20 thousand miles. Loud cabin on the hwy. Plastic cover over dash gauges cracked twice. Car is good in the snow. Very reliable. Nice steering. Interior detail very nice. Trunk holds golf clubs and more. Quality detailing. No shoddy moldings. Nice map lights. Stereo sounds good w/good controls. Power to pass people on Hwy. Accelerates easily to enter freeway. This is my 4th Honda.

Favorite Features

The shifting is very smooth. Honda automatics are not so smooth, but the manual shift is very good.

Suggested Improvements

How about gauges for tire pressure & current mpg. I'm always putting air in the tires.

Great Car
By pvaultguy

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great economical car. Great fuel economy and low cost of ownership. I have had no problems with this car. Very reliable. The ride is a little firm but it is the Civic not the Accord. Acceleration is decent. Parking is very easy. The interior is very nice. The back seat has decent room for a coupe. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an economical and reliable car.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, controls layout.

Suggested Improvements

Perfect the way it is if you are looking for an economical coupe.

Very reliable and cost effective car
By Paul

2003 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Since I purchased it I have spent a grand total of $30.00 on repairs. One of the sway bar links needed replacement. This car runs as smoothly as it did from the day I first drove it. Excellent mileage as well - 40 MPG on the hwy. My only issue is that the seating isn't very comfortable and after a long trip I have a bit of soreness.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats.